Virgin Racing 2011 Car Launched

Soldato
For some reason the pic on the site comes out really stretched horizontally. Makes the nose look extra flat.

Looks good though. Whilst the Lotus seems to be most people's underdog choice, I really hope Virgin can get up into the fight too.

Man of Honour
The rear looks tightly packed and front nose looks a bit better. Looks like last years side pods, engine cover and rear wing?

Soldato
OP
Oh well. Gives Petrov somewhere to go next year after Renault give him the boot.

Back no topic, the actual launch is just pure LOL. 45 mins in and all they've done is talk about the team, become Russians, chat to Glock and show off the Marussia supercar. Still no revealing of the F1 car.

Last edited:
Soldato
Love the art deco-ish driver portrait backdrop. Very stylish.

The team can call themselves whatever nationality they like, they're still based in the UK. No different to Red Bull really.

Soldato
OP
Close up detail of the exhausts/diffuser:

scaledphptn0server640filenamecx8mf.jpg

Caporegime
You can tell? Impressive.

Hey, I said "looking", it's just an impression.

We won't know until it hits the track, but if you compare it to the cars from the top teams I'm not seeing any particular signs of innovative design, or the kind of carefully worked aerodynamic elements you see on front running cars. In comparison, it has relatively simple lines to it which suggests that it won't generate the same levels of downforce, balance, etc. as the better cars.

Man of Honour
Middle section of the car looks almost unchanged from the VR-01 at first glance. Overlays the VR-01 almost exactly. Pushrod rear end. I hope it's more radical than just a few small changes, as they'll be in trouble if it isn't.

Can't say thats it's pretty either. Lots of empty space on the car, which has surprisingly little Virgin sponsorship on it.

Caporegime
Hey, I said "looking", it's just an impression.

We won't know until it hits the track, but if you compare it to the cars from the top teams I'm not seeing any particular signs of innovative design, or the kind of carefully worked aerodynamic elements you see on front running cars. In comparison, it has relatively simple lines to it which suggests that it won't generate the same levels of downforce, balance, etc. as the better cars.

I'm going to remember this corker for other threads.

Dare i ask what you think fast looks like?

Soldato
Much lower nose than every other teams car it seems, doesnt look like a great step forward from last years unfortunately, and those sidepods look tiny now we have seen McLarens!

Back
Top Bottom