Vista Activation GGGrrrrrrr

Permabanned
Mr.Clark said:
Trying to justify himself wanting something but not prepared to pay for it

Who has lost what if* I download a film that I wouldn't have bought anyway?

If you wasn't go to purchase it anyway why did you watch/listen/install it then?
If you download it to watch it then it isn't a potential lost sale it is an actual lost sale.

Can I ask you why you don't buy it?

Last edited:
Soldato
the-void said:
Making a profit is called capitalism and it isn't illegal in anyway. If you do not agree with the price of a product then simply do not buy it. However much profit a company is making it does not justify you taking that product for free without paying for it.
It's not about the price of the product. It's the fact that, if they were allowed to, they would charge you multiple times for the exact same product just because you want to move it somewhere else.

And no, capitalism isn't illegal, but when situations like this crop up, the law is changed to reflect what is best for the consumer - as it will be for the whole CD/MP3 debate.

Associate
the-void said:
If you wasn't go to purchase it anyway why did you watch/listen/install it then?
If you download it to watch it then it isn't a potential lost sale it is an actual lost sale.

Can I ask you why you don't buy it?
For example:

It's a film. It didn't get particularly good reviews, but it's a genre I'm interested in.

I have the spur-of-the-moment decision to watch it. It's too late to go to the shops this evening and if I order it online it won't arrive for days. Plus it's not worth risking the £15 if it's crap, so buying it is out of the question anyway.

It's there on {name your favourite file-sharing app here} and it'll take 90 mins to download.

Score!

It's only slightly more illegal than taping it off TV (you're only legally allowed to keep it for 7 days and watch it once as I understand it) or getting a mate to tape it for you and giving you the tape.

Permabanned
For the sake of the argument lets say you own a three bedroom house. You expect to get paid for the work you have done over the month so you can pay your mortgage.

You would not tolerate coming home on a Friday to find someone is using the spare room to sleep in. How would you feel if they refused to leave and said "well, I havent stolen your room, I am just using it". Suppose you decided to allow them to stay as long as they paid something towards the rent but they said "no way am I paying rent, I wouldn't live here if I had pay rent you know"

If you cannot imagine how it feels to be the owner of that 3 beedroom house then you have no idea how it feels be me listening to a criminal try and defend his actions to me.

When you download a DVD you are uploading it at the same time. You are distributing what you have downloaded. Unless of course you do not upload but in either case your nothing more than a leech.

Go away and stop trying to justify yourself you petty criminal.

Bah, whats the point. I might as well be trying to convince the inmates of of HMP strangeways the error of their ways :D

Last edited:
Associate
the-void said:
For the sake of the argument lets say you own a three bedroom house. You expect to get paid for the work you have done over the month so you can pay your mortgage.

You would not tolerate coming home on a Friday to find someone is using the spare room to sleep in. How would you feel if they refused to leave and said "well, I havent stolen your room, I am just using it". Suppose you decided to allow them to stay as long as they paid something towards the rent but they said "no way am I paying rent, I wouldn't live here if I had pay rent you know"

If you cannot imagine how it feels to be the owner of that 3 beedroom house then you have no idea how it feels be me listening to a criminal try and defend his actions to me.

When you download a DVD you are uploading it at the same time. You are distributing what you have downloaded. Unless of course you do not upload but in either case your nothing more than a leech.

Go away and stop trying to justify yourself you petty criminal.

Bah, whats the point. I might as well be trying to convince the inmates of of HMP strangeways the error of their ways :D
lol. its all getting a bit silly now me thinks, gone way off topic, me thinks this will get closed

Back
Top Bottom