visual studio 2010 and session variables

Soldato
Hi,

I am making an asp.net page and I need some testing advice.

Is there a way to test (perhaps using the debugger) to see if session variables are being kept separate/unique between 2 instances of an asp.net web page?

I was playing around with this today, whereby I would open 1 instance of an asp.net page which I was building, using the debugger. I would then copy and paste the url into another browser, thus creating 2 instance. But I was not sure if these 2 are classed as 2 unique instances or if they are merely duplicates.

I need to test to see if my session variables are truly unique between each separate browser instance.
I want to make sure that I can open 2 separate browsers, using the same url (aspx page) and have the 2 browsers completely unique.

Can this be tested in a development environment or would I need to upload the asp.net solution to my server, then open 2 browsers?

It is imperative that the sessions in the 2 (or more) browsers are completely unique, even when opened on the same computer - so testing is imperative.

Thanks.

If you have two instances of the same browser open, then they will share the same session unless using a 'private browsing' option.

Right. gotcha.

Is there any way to test this, in a development environment OR do i have to try it the long way, ie upload to server, then connect to the webserver and run the test? Can this be tested locally?

Back
Top Bottom