Vive Blurry

Associate
Hey guys,

Just picked up a Vive for my sons pc, I have set it all up following the guide and it is super blurry. Have tried adjusting the IPD on every single setting and pulled the side things out and adjusted the lenses. Is the vive just this poor normally? Can take it back tomorrow so that won't be a problem, but it is so poor or am I missing something? My wife also tried it and its the same for her.
Had no issues with my Vive pro, but this Vive is just shocking.

Soldato
I will return it tomoz mate and get him a Vive Pro, the Vive is junk.

Definitely return it. Vive and OG Rift were great headsets but their time is over.

Since you are going to be spending that kind of money, maybe you should consider the Valve Index? And if you want to save a little money, you should think about the Oculus Quest. The freedom of having no wires might be something that appeals to your son.

Associate
OP
One thing I got with my vive pro was viveport for 12 months which is great, only just realised I can download and play any game, awesome lol. Is it normal though for some of the games not to show on Steam when you play through Viveport?

Associate
OP
Definitely return it. Vive and OG Rift were great headsets but their time is over.

Since you are going to be spending that kind of money, maybe you should consider the Valve Index? And if you want to save a little money, you should think about the Oculus Quest. The freedom of having no wires might be something that appeals to your son.

I may get the quest mate or get the wireless adaptor and the pro, cheers mate.

Associate
I wouldn’t call the Vive "blurry". It has a ton of SDE compared to the Pro, but blurry it is not. Have you removed the thin protective cover sheets on the lenses? Have you checked the SteamVR super sampling settings? (if it’s on auto and your son’s PC is not up to scratch, it may be producing a substandard resolution).

Soldato
Most stuff on the OG Vive wants a ramp up to SS 1.5 to lose the ruff edges. The dedicated Survios games don't look so bad with or without, but any port you need to do it.

The biggest difference moving to the Index is the screen door going away, changes everything. If that's the same with the Pro and the Rift S then get on it.

Associate
OP
I wouldn’t call the Vive "blurry". It has a ton of SDE compared to the Pro, but blurry it is not. Have you removed the thin protective cover sheets on the lenses? Have you checked the SteamVR super sampling settings? (if it’s on auto and your son’s PC is not up to scratch, it may be producing a substandard resolution).

Yeah done everything, the blur is the hardware and it is so poor I wouldn't even give that to my son. Will take it back today and get him the pro which I know is not blurry. My son uses a 1080ti Xtreme.

Soldato

If your first headset was the Vive Pro and you tried out the Vive, expecting it to be roughly similar, you would be as disappointed as the OP. He might not be using the correct term, but, there is nothing you can do with the Vive that will make it as clear as the Vive Pro.

Back
Top Bottom