VM Hub 3 and ASUS XT9 Mesh

Associate
Hi all bit of a strange one. I have a VM Hub 4 which is awful for WiFi coverage in our house, so I invested in a set of ASUS XT9's for aiMesh.
If I set the VM Hub to modem mode and connect my XT9's it works great, whole host of management available for network and devices. Both are on the latest firmware.
The problem I have is, I have 1G coming in through fibre into the house. On checking my connection speed, it appears to be limited across my network to roughly 500M, across our network, including hard wired devices
Called VM and the said my XT9's are the issue! These were supposed to future proof our household moving forward!
I decided to take the VM hub out of Modem Mode and have it operating normally, without its own awful WiFi!
I then set my XT9's to Access Point mode and hey presto 1G throughout! Networking is not my chosen subject and would appreciate any input. It's great it's working now, but I have now lost most of the additional functionality of my new routers as they are now acting as an AP. Cheers in advance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom