Vmware workstation VPN through host firewall issue

Soldato
Hello,

I have a problem which I hope someone can help.

The host system has NOD32 firewall installed with a VMware workstation installed with xp Pro. The virtual system wants to VPN out but the firewall on the host is blocking it.

Anyone any ideas on how to configure if possible the firewall to allow the vmware through?

I have allowed the port 1723 to allow both directions but no effect.

EDIT - This is in a Domain enviroment so the reason to post in this forum.

Last edited:
Associate
Tbh id would turn the firewall off, I had the security suite on my laptop and I found it to be more of a hinderance in a business environment, but fine for home

I just run NOD32 AV now

I have not been able to get non client rules to work as its not designed with a second system in mind.

Associate
how is your vm accessing the host network, via bridge mode or via nat mode? been a while since i used the firewall in the nod32 suite, but if i remember correctly doesn't it have settings per network adaptor? you might want to take a look in the [nod32] settings for vmnet1 and/or vmnet8. in addition, remember that pptp vpn's dont just use tcp port 1723, but also ip protocol 47. hope this helps! :)

Soldato
OP
NAT on this system.
I want it to go through Brdged as there is an option in the nod setting to allow all bridged data to pass. However atm cant get the bridged to work.

edit - Bridged now works and VPN working.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom