Vodafone Gigafast

Associate
Mine sorted its self out after a week or so, cant complain even with their standard router I have lots of IOT devices connected and its been rock solid.

znV8Ous

https://imgur.com/znV8Ous

Caporegime
I don't think you have to buy the pro service

Edit: Oh that does appear to have changed. Interesting decision.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not anymore now they bundle in a 5G backup service. £50 for 200Mb is a big jump from 100Mb for £26. I'll stil move over, but it will be on a slower package then I'd otherwise go for.

Im paying £46 for the 900mb package £50 for 200mb seems crazy. £36 I could have had 500mb.

Caporegime
I'd pay £50 for a symmetric 200Mbps to be fair. I'm not sure that £46 for symmetric gigabit is sustainable so these Pro plans might be a way of increasing the margin.

Man of Honour
I'd pay £50 for a symmetric 200Mbps to be fair. I'm not sure that £46 for symmetric gigabit is sustainable so these Pro plans might be a way of increasing the margin.

I havent even seen the pro plans - Perhaps I need to have a look.

Well - Where are all my extras lol? 4g backup and such? Looks like you can no longer just have 900mb without signing up to loads of extra guff. When I ordered the person didn't even know 900 was a thing.

Caporegime
I think it's likely that could just be a website error and the non-pro plans are still available, because it makes Vodafone artificially expensive if you're doing a comparison with other ISPs that use the same fibre networks.

Man of Honour
I think it's likely that could just be a website error and the non-pro plans are still available, because it makes Vodafone artificially expensive if you're doing a comparison with other ISPs that use the same fibre networks.

Yea it seems odd - Im on CityFibre and voda were easily the cheapest for gigabit, in fact it seemed a bit too good to be true. Hopefully they can still deliver this gigabit service to others for that same £46 (48 if you aren't already a voda customer).

Man of Honour
I put my details in to check and all the packages have changed:

And this is what it looked like before, or at least I took this screenshot when I ordered:

Last edited:
Associate
Fibre laid in my area just waiting for it to be switched on. Or at least I was until these price hikes.
I was planning on the 200 Mb option for around 35 per month I believe.
If they do some future deals I will consider them but I think until that happens they can keep it at these prices.

Soldato
In December you could get 500mb for £35.

thats what i signed up for currently.
its possible its just a temp price hike and come friday they drop it back to "normal" saying its a easter special. also since in my area vodafone have exclusivity to the network for now it be interesting to see what happens when their contract is up and other providers get opened up to it.

Back
Top Bottom