Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Associate
mrochester;30498690 said:
Isn't Nougat the latest version? I'm sure marshmallow came out in 2015!

Yes but we're on Lollipop at the mo.
Be thankful for small mercies,my Samsung tablet came with 4.4 and is still on 4.4 2 years later with no chance of an update

Soldato
Eh? You couldn't use the card as internal storage before?? I know you could move stuff to it but that isn't the same thing. I'm using mine for data only so I have no problems.

One thing I noticed straight away is that the "mobile data" setting had enabled itself. Check that if you're a peasant like me who only uses talk time on a PAYG sim. :p

gonemad music player seemed to forget its settings even though all appeared to be enabled as before.. I had to turn them off/back on again to fix them.

Last edited:
Associate
I know it's a new feature of android 6, it's enabled by default if you want to use the card as internal storage or not. It has to be disabled by the carrier.

And now you can't even move apps to sd card like you could in lollipop.

Associate
I'm liking it.My phone has definitely perked up in terms of response and lag.
One thing I have noticed.I had my media on the sd card.When the phone rebooted after upgrading the folders had duplicated.DON'T delete 1 folder because you'll lose both !

Soldato
I've just come to look on this part of the forum as I'm thinking of getting g a new phone.

My SU6 seems to be running out of ram all the time, of I force close that seems to help.

Not got my update yet :-/ maybe this will help and I'll keep the phone for a bit longer.

Associate
I've just come to look on this part of the forum as I'm thinking of getting g a new phone.

My SU6 seems to be running out of ram all the time, of I force close that seems to help.

Not got my update yet :-/ maybe this will help and I'll keep the phone for a bit longer.

Mine has never run out of ram.I don't know what you're doing different to me.
Are you a gamer ?
For me the update has taken my phone to the next level but the battery life seems to be taking a hit.
I'm planning on a factory reset this weekend,see if that helps

Soldato
So I updated the software of my phone and it seems to have fixed the problems with running out of ram.

now I have another bigger problem instead, the phone keeps turning it's self of at random times or the battery will lose 20,30,40℅ in a few mins. Then when I put it on charge it goes back to 70℅ or so straight away.

I've wiped the phone but the problem still carries on, is there anything else I could try? If nothing else is the warranty 2 years if bought from the Vodafone shop?

Back
Top Bottom