Voices with digital voice recorders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Johhny%2BLever.jpg

Soldato
I have an Olympus recorder, and have tried leaving it on for lengths of time in the hope of it picking up the neighbours' screaming sex sessions so I could play them back to them to advise of just how much it affects my sleep. If that didn't solve it, I could then hook it up to the surround system and play it back to them any time I felt like it.

Unfortunately, despite me hearing the cries clearly, the Olympus didn't pick them up much, if at all, let alone dead people sending me messages.

Sorry, OP.

Caporegime
Indeed, but the source of those sounds is still unclear.

if I put a finger in my ear.
put my other ear against the wall.
I can hear the voices from people in the street better than if I stick my head out the window.

op is probably hearing his neighbours or the postman...

Caporegime
Trip report:

Well, I set up my recorder and didn't expect to catch anything but boy, was I wrong! I've transcribed the message as best as I could make out.

Yesterday, we heard of a 33 year old teacher from Texas who was GUNNED DOWN and KILLED in…

BENGHAZI!!!

This comes on the heels of the 80 something year old VETERAN who was jailed in NORTH KOREA a couple of weeks ago.

Remember those 2 “hikers” who were held in IRAN a couple of years ago???

SERIOUSLY…WTH???

I don’t really care HOW noble the cause…

Habitat for Hezbollah…

Well Diggers for Despots…

Big Brothers for Little Dictators…

WHAT…EVER…

If people lack the common sense to STAY THE HELL OUT OF COUNTRIES THAT WANT TO KILL OR KIDNAP AMERICANS…

DON’T COME CRYING CROCODILE TEARS AT ME!!!!!

This teacher in Benghazi was…TEACHING…CHEMISTRY…AT THE BENGHAZI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL!!!

Look, if there one place that could do WITHOUT someone “teaching” them how to MIX CHEMICALS…IT’S BEN-FREAKIN’-GHAZI!!!!

Reports are…This teacher was out…JOGGING…IN WHAT IS ANYTHING BUT A TERRORIST-FREE ZONE…When somebody SHOT HIM IN THE CHEST!!!

Libyan officials say they have no suspects…

HELLO???

EVERYBODY IN BENGHAZI IS A SUSPECT!!!!!

Try stopping by the nearest SIDEWALK CAFÉ AND SEE WHO’S SIPPING A STRAWBERRY FRAPPE!!!!!

You want to do something nice for people in a 3rd world country?

PAY FOR THE CAR BEHIND YOU AT THE BURGER KING DRIVE-THRU IN DETROIT and then…FLOOR IT…BEFORE THE BULLETS START FLYING!!!

I think the voices were trying to tell us something :confused:

Soldato
I love ghosts, they say things you can't hear, and do things that you can't see apparently....if they did exist, they would be completely irrelevant!

so i want other people todo what i am doing

That won't make it any less idiotic.

I work in a care home a few nights a week, and some of the ridiculous stories other staff members come up with are quite amazing. One will not go in to a certain room because once they claimed that a book flew off of a shelf in there...though why that would scare them, even if it did happen is beyond me!

Associate
OP
I love ghosts, they say things you can't hear, and do things that you can't see apparently....if they did exist, they would be completely irrelevant!

I work in a care home a few nights a week, and some of the ridiculous stories other staff members come up with are quite amazing. One will not go in to a certain room because once they claimed that a book flew off of a shelf in there...though why that would scare them, even if it did happen is beyond me!

A book flying off a shelf is scary,you can not admit its not

Caporegime

To be fair and impartial, I have to agree with your colleagues here. If a book came flying off a shelf near me for no reason at all as if pushed by an unseen hand, I think it would be dangerously close to brown trouser time.

Dickybob, are you willing to find said purchase of digital recorders? If you believe it so strongly, surely it's a wise investment? You might even get on TV. There's hundreds of shows on Sky these days all looking for nutters.

Soldato
A book flying off a shelf is scary,you can not admit its not

It really isn't scary.... Maybe if it was a sword or something, but if all ghosts are capable of is throwing a book, saying someone's full name(that you can't even hear) and occasionally standing in the background of photos(again, that nobody can actually see) then they really are nothing to worry about. The most they would be is a very minor inconvenience to a very small number of people.

Caporegime
It really isn't scary.... Maybe if it was a sword or something, but if all ghosts are capable of is throwing a book, saying someone's full name(that you can't even hear) and occasionally standing in the background of photos(again, that nobody can actually see) then they really are nothing to worry about. The most they would be is a very minor inconvenience to a very small number of people.

Depends what book. I agree, a 10 page tax guide pamphlet is not going to bother you, but a times world atlas would be a completely different kettle of fish.

Soldato
To be fair and impartial, I have to agree with your colleagues here. If a book came flying off a shelf near me for no reason at all as if pushed by an unseen hand, I think it would be dangerously close to brown trouser time.

Dickybob, are you willing to find said purchase of digital recorders? If you believe it so strongly, surely it's a wise investment? You might even get on TV. There's hundreds of shows on Sky these days all looking for nutters.

Remember you asked me to let you know when (despite your best efforts) you were just blurting out what you really think about people? Well, the needle just twitched a bit.

Soldato
Depends what book. I agree, a 10 page tax guide pamphlet is not going to bother you, but a times world atlas would be a completely different kettle of fish.

I'm not sure about the different ranks within the ghost hierarchy, but I think only level 5 or higher are able to move things bigger than a takeaway menu:p

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I'm going to provide semi serious answer to what is really silly topic.

For the OP story to be true, one would have to assume that this "Olympus digital recorder" device, sensitivity aside, is not only capable of recording wider range of frequencies than those audible to human ear (which on its own wouldn't be impossible, if a little out of spec of regular microphone one would expect in such device), but also upon playback it would have to be actively converting those frequencies to audible range and transposing sounds voiced at pitches outside hearing threshold by several octaves to something you would now recognise as human voice. That's not going to happen in this kind of portable device.

OP, if you are serious about this kind of stuff happening to you, your first port of call should be medical centre offering good psychiatric care. Words recorded on devices but not remembered/heard in real life, becoming suddenly aware of out of character/third party actions while alone (eg. objects being thrown around) is characteristic for people who suffer from dissociative identity disorder and are either fully unaware of the episodes and "alters" or have micro-amnesias after episodes. It is not supernatural, you are chasing your own tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom