• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Voltage/temps for 3570k @ 4.5

Soldato
A word of warning, the path from 4.5 to 5ghz isn't as straight and narrow as it sounds. From what I can tell most chips will do 4.5 (at whatever voltage) but once you start getting to the 4.7-4.8 range there are typically massively diminishing returns and your voltage surplus will go out the window very quickly.

For mine i needed 1.4v for 4.7ghz and after that it isn't even feasable to try and achieve 4.8ghz.

Times are nice though even at those voltages. After a few hours gaming my temps just touch shy of 78c

Associate
Mine needs those kind of volts for 4.7 too, but 78c would be too hot for me. I use 4.5Ghz and temps never above 55c gaming, delidded with D-14. Maybe under water soon.

Soldato
Mine needs those kind of volts for 4.7 too, but 78c would be too hot for me. I use 4.5Ghz and temps never above 55c gaming, delidded with D-14. Maybe under water soon.

I'm okay with 78c or even 80c would be fine for me, i can't see it causing any long term damage at all. It was scary though doing IBT on very high and the temps touching 105c haha! I closed it down as soon as it got past 100c and thought to myself christ that was hot!

De-lidding hard? I really don't wanna void the warranty on my chip.. so i don't suppose theres a way of resealing the chip afterwards?

Permabanned
A word of warning, the path from 4.5 to 5ghz isn't as straight and narrow as it sounds. From what I can tell most chips will do 4.5 (at whatever voltage) but once you start getting to the 4.7-4.8 range there are typically massively diminishing returns and your voltage surplus will go out the window very quickly.

Thanks for the advice, I may try it, but I probably wouldn't leave it there anyway. 4.5 is plenty for now. Just for the satisfaction of knowing I have hit 5Ghz more than anything!

Soldato
I'm okay with 78c or even 80c would be fine for me, i can't see it causing any long term damage at all. It was scary though doing IBT on very high and the temps touching 105c haha! I closed it down as soon as it got past 100c and thought to myself christ that was hot!

De-lidding hard? I really don't wanna void the warranty on my chip.. so i don't suppose theres a way of resealing the chip afterwards?

Yes you can reseal, see the de-lidding thread, some products there which will do the job, but if your worried about voiding the warranty, maybe rethink about doing it.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18451271

Last edited:
Associate
Delidding isn't hard it's more risky. You need a non flexible blade like a stanley knife that won't cut into the pcb of the cpu when first cutting under the IHS. After that I used a TIM spreader and it came off easily. It took me 2 attempts to get it right, first time I killed my 3570K.

You can reseal it with silicone exhaust sealant I think. I have some but tbh the mounting bracket holds the IHS on so well and it makes it easy for me to reapply TIM to the CPU die itself.

I put voltage to 1.55V, and can't boot at 5GHz. :p

Back
Top Bottom