VR for kids

Associate
Guys

My 6 yearold started an afterschool club once a week and its VR. Using quest headsets,

He is now wanting to ask santa for a headset. He seems to like the VR and is having fun with the bowling game etc.

Im not sure if he is too young or not. If he was to get one would probably be the quest 3s

So should santa get him one?

It's not recommended for kids, at least not for extended use as their brain is still developing, plus the IPD range may not be narrow enough.

For short goes, it may be ok, but only under very strict parental supervision, and only for suitable experiences (there are some very scary or intense experiences).

Also Meta ban accounts for under age players (under 13) if they're playing online games they're not supposed to, but I think thats more if they think you're trying to get around the age verification settings.

Yeah i have been reading its not recommended for little ones which has me surprised they have it at an after school club.

Not too worried about the online side and scary games etc as I will be monitoring what games etc are installed. And also will try to stop the online side.

Starting to think if he does get it, will have to put timer on use for say 20mins at a time. He is pretty good at not playing things too long as he has a switch and knows he only gets 30mins to play it.

Thanks for the advice

Thanks Ravenger. Yeah Ill have my account then create a child account. Also seen some games can be played when no network connect so that might solve the online problem with him don't have it connected to WIFI when he is using it :)

Back
Top Bottom