VR Questions

Soldato
So to owners of VR. How much work is it to own? What i mean by that, is all the cables, setting up the sensors. assuming there's going to be a bunch of cables that need plugging in every time you decide to go VR. (3 USB 3.0s if i'm not mistaken + whatever sensors are needed) Do you leave it as a permanent fixture ? or do you box everything away after each use? I'm a bit of a tidy freak, with my desk.. All cables nicely hidden, and none can be seen outside the 'essentials'. Had to take self medicated therapy to go back to a 'wired' gaming mouse (after buying a G-SYNC monitor) as it was the only way to get the mouse 1000hz smoothness needed to really appreciate g-sync. I'm fine with it now, but the braided cable does catch and collect dust, which is a bit annoying !

I think the thought of all the cables is freaking me out a little bit.

Also, what does it do in terms of connectivity ? just act as a extended desktop ? can people outside of the headset see on your screen what you're looking at ? or is it completely a single person experience. I'm looking at this as perhaps fun for the family... and taking it in turns to play.

Or do i have to unplug turn off or disable my g-sync when i play ? as it'll only use precious GPU resources ?

I know these may seem like dumb questions to those who own, but i'm such a VR noob, as i only saw it for the first time a couple of days ago, and will probably be buying one before the week is out !!

Back
Top Bottom