VR Setup

Associate
Hey guys,

I am new here and was going to upgrade my rig but have been confirmed by the experts in my other thread that my PC still cuts it at the top level. So now I am thinking of a VR headset but I don't really know what it what. Could someone please spec me one? I am looking for 1.440 x 1.600 per eye or higher resolution (Something like the Vive Pro resolution). But I would need whatever I get to be fully wireless and to be connected to PC, I don't want one that is standalone. I believe there is a wireless adapter that is needed for the Vive ones so I would need to get the adapter too, is there complete sets on Ocuk with a single price for the complete set? So that I could purchase that and be done. Would need everything I need, is that possible?

Is this what I need? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/htc-...daptor-adaptor-clip-spare-batt-vr-00u-hc.html

Are there any cheaper options that connect to the PC that are wireless? I know there is the Quest for mobile but I am not interested in that, I believe there is other Oculus ones too but I don't think they are wireless or as high resolutions.

Thanks guys.

Associate
It is apparently possible to stream VR from the PC to the Oculus Quest, but I'm not sure what the results are like.

Having put that out the way, yes, you'd be looking at getting a Vive Pro and the HTC wireless module. With the standard non-Pro Vive you've also got the option of TPCast, which isn't as good (from what I've read).

As for the Pro itself, it might be cheaper to buy the HTC "starter kit" which has the cheaper SteamVR 1.0 base stations and controllers. Or buy just the Pro HMD, and match them with Index controllers and base stations (probably the best but most expensive setup however).

Don't neglect the second-hand/used market - I'm sure there are a few good-condition Vive Pros and wireless module setups floating out there with the arrival of the Index (I bought my Pro HMD second-hand recently for half the price).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom