Vrbo sucks

Soldato
I generally find Airbnb not worth the hassle these days and prefer to just deal with actual professional hotels, but for a trip to south of France this weekend, the only accomodation where I needed to be was on Vrbo.

Tried ringing the host this morning, and although it's a completely legit host, they don't actually use Vrbo, some scammer has just nicked their details and made a fraudulent listing, and Vrbo clearly don't check jack ****.

Now no accomodation within miles of where I need to be, fun times. :mad:

Soldato
OP
People actually use Vrbo? Thought nobody did as Airbnb is so much better and cheaper.
Were no options on Airbnb. Besides, Airbnb is pants these days, hotels are cheaper half the time.
There's nothing on Booking.com nearby? Tried searching on Google Maps? Some accommodation don't list on any sites but they are on Maps.
I've got something sorted now, half hour drive from where the gig is we're travelling for, but looks decent. With booking.com who I've never had any issues with.

Soldato
OP
I'm going to upgrade the thread title from 'VRBO Sucks' to 'VRBO is a ****ing scam'.

Two weeks later, still no refund. Customer service are absolutely maddeningly, intentionally obtuse. I'll be disputing the original payment if they don't sort it out soon.

The service agent I spoke to today basically said they will only refund the service charge, I'll have to get the rest back from the host (i.e. the scammer). Christ alive.

Back
Top Bottom