VX2835wm prob since new update.

Soldato
Got a ViewSonic VX2835wm just updated my Xbox and now I can only select 480p via HDMI :confused: Tried my Elite and Premium on the same monitor and it’s the same story only 480p selectable, what the heck has happened? Was fine before the update. :(

Soldato
OP
Mine is only around 5 months old, was bough on the HDMI capabilities so yes it’s a joke the monitor doesn’t work properly via HDMI :( Please let me know how you get on and I will ring them as well and complain, also mine suffers from the blue screen problem not going to sleep.

6qijba.jpg

Soldato
OP
Yep very strange as mine is a newer model but still has the blue screen problem, it’s a cracking monitor despite these issues and I would love to keep it but the HDMI issue is a major one and needs sorting.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well this is a strange reply :confused:

Dear Mr. Fotherby,
Thank you for contacting ViewSonic Technical Support.

I understand you have concerns using your monitor with your xBox. I appreciate that you took time in expressing your concern to us and I will be more than willing to assist you with this.
Please understand that your monitor was designed for computer video only and not tested for game consoles.
For further support on your monitor, kindly contact ViewSonic UK. Their support page is http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/support/Customercare.htm
If you have other technical concerns, feel free to contact us again.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Sincerely,
Jay-Ralph
ViewSonic Technical Support
(800) 688-6688 (USA)
(866) 463-4775(Canada

Soldato
OP
Yep its bad as its sold as 1080p as you mention so you think that an Xbox would work fine with it, I wonder if it’s the same with an PS3? I have hooked up my SkyHD box to test it via HDMI and it works perfect, I may have to borrow a friend’s PS3 and check this, you would think as its 1080p it would just work like plug and play :(

Please keep me informed mate you seem to know what you are doing :D I am dying to get it working I play on a 50’ Plasma but my brother plays on my ViewSonic I hate him playing on my main TV! :D

Soldato
OP
Fingers Crossed !

I need to buy you a drink! :D Its finally working I can select 1080p in the Xbox menu and the monitor displays the image correctly and perfect! :D :D Thanks for the help mate very much appreciated, I now have sound via HDMI and full 1080p :) You need to be hired by ViewSonic and sort the issue out no doubt the problem is worldwide!

Thanks again! :D

Soldato
OP
No problems!

I know what you mean about Viewsonic.. I swear they probably have a load of boffins trapped in a room with the most expensive kit known to man developing this stuff, and we can out do them with sheer brute common sense and 'google'.. :D

I work in a place where the level of degree is mightier then the ability to tie your own shoes laces when it comes to who they employ, and this kinds of thing is oh so common!

I should start a university course in 'spotting the bleedin obvious and common sense 101', with all lectures held in the 'Fox and Hound' seminar room ;) and daily physics experiments involving coloured balls and pockets!...

I'm glad I don't know much sometimes, it stops me looking stupid (Well, most of the time!)

btw - It shouldn't be an issue, but I've removed the links to your files, it does have your monitors serial number in, although quite what harm it does, I don't know, but just out of courtesy I thought I'd remove them!

:D

Well this has saved me a load of hassle getting this fixed relatively easily, don’t quite know how ViewSonic have messed up :D

Yeah it’s probably best to remove the links thanks I will too :) I have saved the original file so if it needs to go back I will pop that back on as I have noticed the manufacture date has changed to 2007, it was 2008 :D

I wonder if it was just a problem with the Xbox360 you say you have a PS3 does that work fine?

Back
Top Bottom