Wacom cintiq 13hd pen display

Associate
Hi all, has anyone got any experience and feedback for the above tablet?
I used to use the Intuos Pro Medium and found it was a great leap forward from using a mouse. I also use ProCreate on my iPad and really prefer the more natural "pen & paper" feel of drawing directly on a display screen.
I am now considering investing in the Wacom Cintiq 13hd pen display and would appreciate feedback from those experienced in its use.

Cheers

Some of the artists at work use them, some prefer the plain tablets. We have an Intuos Pro Medium at home and like you, the gf (fashion designer) prefers the drawing directly on the screen feel.

The Cintiqs seem a bit steep for what they are though, so we're just going to get a Surface Pro 4. Much more versatile and obviously can be used wherever.

Some of the artists at work use them, some prefer the plain tablets. We have an Intuos Pro Medium at home and like you, the gf (fashion designer) prefers the drawing directly on the screen feel.

The Cintiqs seem a bit steep for what they are though, so we're just going to get a Surface Pro 4. Much more versatile and obviously can be used wherever.

The Surface pro is a different animal. Being a hybrid laptop/tablet it is certainly more versatile than the Cintiq being only a secondary display/drawing surface. I also agree the Cintiq is expensive for what it is.
What concerns me, after researching the Surface pro is pen to surface lag.
This lag becomes noticeably worse when more layers and detail are added to the image.
Apparently, this problem is even worse when working on 3d applications such as Zbrush and 3DS Max.
In terms of the Cintiq, this probably depends on the system its attached to.
Mine will be attached to a new i7, 16gb, GTX 1070 desktop which of course is going to have a lot more grunt when it comes to power.

Ah yeah I guess it depends what you're using it for. The gf wants to hand sketch on the SP, using the Adobe sketching app or fairly light Photoshop painting.

Then when she wants to start working in Illustrator, just hop onto the desktop (hex core i7, 32gb etc) and carry on from there using Dropbox to sync.

Back
Top Bottom