Wait for rMBP Broadwell?

Associate
Looking to get a rMBP 15" top spec, which will be used for image editing programs. Plan to use bootcamp and switch between the two OS. I have access to HE discount so it makes it slightly cheaper.

Was wondering if i should just go ahead and order or wait for the broadwell refresh to come out along with OS X Yosemite?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies, I had imagined the revision would come soon after the October unveil/announcement, not in 2015. In that case I will just take the advice here and go ahead and order as I cant wait that long.

Soldato
Yeah, order now. It's why Apple speed bumped the range a couple of months ago.

The Broadwell-H laptop chips aren't due until Q2 2015. The only Broadwell chips we might see this year will be the Y variant at <5W for Ultra mobile devices.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I ordered the top spec rMBP last week.

Broadwell will be a bump, but I wasn't prepared to wait 6-9 months for an update.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So far, my rMBP has travelled from China > Kazakhstan > Poland...

Estimated delivery Monday 13th! (ordered on 01/10) :(

Soldato
It'll be going to Cologne, Barking and then your local UPS location.

Mine got delayed in Cologne due to some issues with customs but full credit to UPS they made sure I still got it on the Monday by getting it to my local delivery location on a Sunday.

Soldato
So far, my rMBP has travelled from China > Kazakhstan > Poland...

Estimated delivery Monday 13th! (ordered on 01/10) :(

Yeah mine was crazy when I ordered it China > South Korea > China > Germany > England and it was faffing about there too. It is also addictive to just watch the UPS tracking hahahaha.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Yeah, I see it went to South Korea too, missed that in my haste :p

If I'd known it was going to be this long I'd have travelled the 100 mile round trip and picked up the "best" configuration at the nearest Apple store.

Stupidly, I forgot the "3-5 working days" is only the dispatch / lead time.

Soldato
Hahah, when mine got to London it was worse, it was at a depo right near my work place, then it decide it was best to on a trip to gatwick and come back the next day. Actual going to order a 15" model soon so it will be fun waiting again xD.

Associate
Just ordered one for my sister. Can't wait to try it out and compare it to my 2011 :D ORdered it at around 3 ish. It's alreaby been dispatched.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Update: It's gone from China > Korea > Kazakhstan > Poland > Germany > ...

Due for delivery on Monday via the arse end of the planet :o

Associate
Seeing as Apple only just refreshed the Retina MacBook Pro range in July, I think it'll be a long time yet before we see any models with the Broadwell chip.

Back
Top Bottom