Wait longer for a better VR for sim use?

Associate
First post !
Building a DOF p3 sim soon and can`t decide between x 3 monitors or VR.
Problem is , i am old school and having spent years buying the latest ,better , resolution everything , would i be taking a back step using a VR set.
I have not tried one yet ,but would the first thing i would say is " i can`t use that the resolution is too bad "
I don`t mind spending a bit more, but am i better off waiting

Associate
OP
What Graphics card do you have? And what CPU?

If you are purely going to play Sims and have a decent GPU, then you might consider the HP Reverb.

Been looking at that one and Pimax 8k, but i think the end of the day i am going to have to jump in and spend.

I will buy a gaming PC as well now.

I have been on xbox for so long now i am a bit out of touch with PC requirements !

I don`t understand why some say that the images are pixely, as the the imaging panel in a high end projector can magnify it`s image on to a 120" screen and i can`t see any pixels , why can they not use a imaging device in a VR set as in those .

At your mercy here , looking for some recommendations from you guys .
Thanks

Associate
OP
The images are pixelated because the screen is two inches from your eyes. Like when you stand a few feet from a TV you can't see any pixels but when you get really close you can see them.

The Pimax headsets are no the best to get for beginners. They require a lot of tricking around with to get right.

As for PC recommendations, how long is a piece of string? Have you any idea of a budget?

For a Pc budget , £600 to £800 ?, can get what is needed to run a vr set or if i have to go x3 monitors .
I think by reading on here and what experts say that vr is pixely and would p me off a bit.
So maybe x3 monitors are the way for me , and i do wear glasses sometimes.

I am ok with setting up the mechanics for a rig ect but this side of it has me guessing !

I live so far out in the country ,there are no VR display outlets for 100`s of miles anywhere for me to test.

Associate
OP
If you have never tried VR, then, I wouldn't go by what those experts are saying. It's impossible to describe what VR is like, you really have to put on a headset and try it yourself.

And when you say you are 100's of mile from anywhere, where do you live? There might be a board member with a VR headset who lives close to you.

For your budget are you hoping to get three monitors as well? Or is that purely for the PC?
I live in the SW of uk..Anyone down here give me a demo
Please

Associate
OP
SW is pretty broad....Plymouth has a Game shop that has the VR setup in a special gaming room. You can try one there. There's also a place that runs an OG Vive setup (as well as cnsoles for people waiting to play it) as a business.

That`s great ! I did not realize there was VR shop there, i will google around to see if i can find a number for a viewing .
Ta

Associate
OP
My son went there and they had the HTC Vive. Hopefully you can get a feel for what VR can bring to a gaming experience. When it feels like you are actually there.

Yes, i mailed them and they came back, i never knew these places existed.

VR sets/ Vive Pros , Trustmaster wheels on a moving rig with project cars 2.
So i should find my answers there , maybe they have a monitor set up too so i can compare.
Nice to know whats what before i start spending.

Back
Top Bottom