Wakeboard Season is Almost Upon Us!

Soldato
So April is usually the month when all the cable and boat lakes begin to open up again so who's ready to crack out their 5mm suits and get back on the water? :D

I know that my local home lake at Nottingham spent £300,000 over the winter installing a brand new cable that's A LOT bigger than it used to be along with a system 2 so I'm looking forward to heading up there next weekend to try it out. A few competitions and exhibitions going on at Cirencester too in the next couple of months that look like a lot of fun. I'm going to try and go to as much stuff as I can this summer after I finish Uni before I start work, hopefully the weather will hold up this time around!

Anyone thinking of going to Wakestock in July? Line up is looking pretty good for the music festival and the competition has a decent selection of riders too.

Compulsory picture:
brandonthomas1600x10501.jpg

Soldato
OP
Yea I'm part of Uniwake mate. Not really been involved much though so far cause of everything else I've been doing. Bristol wakeboard society is only just starting to get going again after winter so hopefully should pick up a bit now! Would have loved to have gone on the most recent holiday to Greece or wherever it was. Sounded epic.

My sister is currently trying to get us both riders passes for Wakestock :D

Soldato
OP
The new Nottingham cable is awesome for anyone that's interested. They've got two system 2.0's for beginners which means the new cable is free for everyone else to ride. It's much bigger than it used to be and some of the new obstacles are fun :D

Tried to dial a 360 for the first time when I went last week. Got the rotation but forgot to pass the handle behind my back. Doh :/

Soldato
OP
I tried doing this last year on the cable near bedford (box end) I think I was there for 2 hours and I never even got the chance to try the board, I just couldn't do the sodding kneeling board thing. I kept sinking :( now I'm not fat but I weight 13.5st

Took me pretty much the full 2 hrs to even get off the platform (they had to sink it in the end). After finally getting going I crashed out and smashed my face causing a nose bleed.

Made me laugh... awesome fun and I can't wait to try it again. Any guidance guys?

Duck down lower and lean back. Try harder to take the strain when the cable yanks you at the start. Your hitting the water too nose heavy with too much weight on your knees.

Soldato
OP
Yea I went with my house mates after exams had finished last week. Good times :D

Didn't get that much good footage but it was still fun

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Im guessing that your the guy in the yellow helmet???

you know whats next dont you???? ....you see those big blue things??? :)

Yea I've done the table top and kickers plenty of times but I don't have my own board so had to use rental gear (Normally use Uni wake club gear). Thought I might be able to get away with it but the first thing I was told was no obstacles :(

Still not gotten over nailing myself on a rail snow boarding so have avoided them on a wake board ha

Back
Top Bottom