Walking Dead Saints & Sinners

Underboss
2 year old game now, so i will start a thread as we don't have one ?

Thanks to @Ravenger for giving me a copy

really enjoying this game
got to like Day 8, then started again as i couldn't do what i wanted...

so playing through again, on Day 2, really like how you can do things like hold on to a wall and pull yourself around it slowly to "peer" around the corner,, just so satisfying in total immersion

one thing i can figure out is the HUD, what does it mean ?
google is not helpful :(

Soldato
Did you solve your problem? If not can you be a bit more specific? As far as I'm aware HUD usually means Heads Up Display and is the information you get "on screen" whilst playing.

Underboss
OP
I'm on day 11 now and i think I've finally worked it all out

top bar is health, but when it splits, to the right is "max health" and the left side is "current" health ?

same with the lower bar but it its "stamina" ?

Associate
really liked saints and sinners when i had my quest 2 it was great playing wirelessly, but i only progressed a bit, as soon as i got to the combat involving other survivors i got stuck, i was crap at it. deffo buying S&S 2 when that releases to play on my aero, i'll miss out on the wireless part.

Soldato
I'm on day 11 now and i think I've finally worked it all out

top bar is health, but when it splits, to the right is "max health" and the left side is "current" health ?

same with the lower bar but it its "stamina" ?

I think I understand your confusion now. The status bars are reduced by you taking damage and exerting yourself. Some things increase the potential maximum of the bar back up and other things repair the bar. Without giving specific spoilers, you need to work out which items (food, medicine, bandages etc.) have what effect and then use them appropriately. A general tip is that it's usually best to craft such items from what you scavenge (recipes are found as you progress) and carry some with you on missions, rather than just eating random items as you find them.

Soldato
really liked saints and sinners when i had my quest 2 it was great playing wirelessly, but i only progressed a bit, as soon as i got to the combat involving other survivors i got stuck, i was crap at it. deffo buying S&S 2 when that releases to play on my aero, i'll miss out on the wireless part.

I found that a bit of stealth went a long way. Rather than rushing straight at a group of them, where possible creep up and go for a silent kill. Don't rely on worn-out weapons that you find as they will probably break at a critical moment. Once you craft some of the better guns (e.g. pump action shotgun) then you can go in blasting if you like - remember to reload!

Underboss
OP
yep

also you don't need to kill them, i try and sneak past them

ive done all the boat trips side of things, im onto the next bit

but one thing i couldn't do is find the damn key to unlock the little secret place behind the bookcase, but nvm

Soldato
My problem is that I want to kill everything. Leave no man/zombie alive!! It's an OCD issue. And since they keep respawning, I will never kill everything.

I have the same problem with hoarding as well. I find it extremely difficult to walk past an item on the ground and not pick it up. Of course I quickly fill up my inventory and can't pick up anything more. Well drop something out of your inventory to make space for it, I hear you say. HA!! once I put something in my backpack, I am never letting it go.

It isn't just confined to the walking dead. Any game that has stuff you can pick up, I pick it up. And even it's an item with no value, and no use at all and something that I have 500 of already, I still find it really difficult to just drop it.

The struggle is real. :p

Soldato
My issue is I like talking my way out of trouble where possible in RPG games, which just isn't an option in S&S.

As for hoarding, I'm similar, at least with items and weapons I think may be useful. The issue is often not knowing what is useful.

I really hate weapon degradation mechanics too. I expect a weapon to last longer than a few uses.

S&S also has that awful mechanic of making weapons dropped by NPCs unusable too, presumably to keep crafting necessary.

Underboss
OP
I've just completed it
No idea if there's different endings or change of 1 outcome at the end or not..

EDIT//

not really a spoiler, but after the credits finished rolling, your back in the game , another mission to do
no idea if this went straight to aftershocks DLC or what..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom