Want a really small laptop. Origami?

Soldato
As above, I have been looking at DTR laptops recently but realised I am using my 360 more than my PC for gaming so have decided I might go the other route. I'm really tempted by a Tosh Libretto, is there a Sony equivalent? Should I just wait for the Origami? Any other ideas? :)

yeah, the sony vaio tx series look like loverly machines, and quite a few companies offer ultraportables nowadays. oragami is also meant to be out in around two months, but keep an eye on that it does keep moving around.

just be aware that prices for ultraportables are ultra-high (well, for me anyways) so they certainly won't come cheap, i think it depends on what you want to do with it. a lot of ultraportables are quite powerful, even for their size, and hence they cost £2000 or more, where an oragami for £700 i imagine will run office etc just fine and also be that little bit smaller.

tough choice, but if you're not in a rush consider waiting and then try out both options (most department stores have a section you can hold/play with comp. equipment). then once you've made a decision hit the net and get it cheaper. try the product suggestion forum here and see if ocuk are planning on getting hold of some oragami machines?

although i've not used them much outside a shop (i.e. i'm a skint student so had to get a cheaper lappy) the ultraportable machines available today do seem very nice, especially that toshiba one and the sony ones (the sony's are a little bigger than the libretto i believe)

hope that helps,

Rob

Back
Top Bottom