Want a tiny computer with decent NVidia graphics

Associate
Hi,
I need to buy or build a couple computers for work that must be as small as possible with these specs:

* Quad-core CPU
* At least 4GB RAM
* At least NVidia 285GTX or 570M with 1GB vram (Must be NVidia because I'll be running Linux on it)

It would be great to pack all this into one of those 3-inch-thick mini-itx cases, but I don't know if that's possible yet. Last time I built anything SFF was 5 years ago. Does anyone have any insight or suggestions on this?

Associate
OP
Hi,
Thanks for the input. I do vis-sim programming at work, which is why I basically need a gaming machine.

I had also narrowed it down to a mini ITX machine after doing more research the last couple days. I was looking at the sg05 case http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-127-SV The PSU is less powerful, but it's enough to power a GeForce 560 Ti. Are there any other big advantages to the Lian Li case?

Associate
OP
Yeah, I always try to build computers as quiet as possible. In this case, though, I'm building it for my employers and not for me, and they only seem to be interested in keeping it as small as possible. So the SG05 is the way to go. I hadn't realized it was such a big difference in volume.

Associate
OP
It's cool to have reps from the manufacturers here. Some of those Apex cases look good for another project--I was thinking about building my wife a computer with a new Ivy Bridge CPU with Intel graphics. Now that could fit into a *really* small case.

Back
Top Bottom