Want to buy a domain, best hosters?

Caporegime
Hi all

Wanting to search and buy a domain name which is available, just not sure whats the best sort of hosting site at the moment?

I've used Hostinger just for a free website, however this new one will be for a business, long term. I guess criteria is:

-Decent amount of space
-Allows me to either install something like word press or write a fully fledged website
-Emails???
-Isn't going to go blue-**** up
-Easy to manage and backup etc

Any help is appreciated :)

Soldato
-Decent amount of spacehow big is decent? 2.5gb?
-Allows me to either install something like word press or write a fully fledged websitepretty much any host will allow this
-Emails???again pretty much any will allow this
-Isn't going to go blue-upno promises but been good to me for years
-Easy to manage and backup etceasy to do via FTP or they do dailys anyway

Vidahost £2.99 per month £34.99 for the year.

Or if you can deal with 500mb and 10 mailboxes then there's a version for £14.99 per year.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Cheers. So it's been a while...I need to register the name then use a separate hosting service? Will email addresses be provided on there simply or do I need to 'host' those separately?

Like ibsay, hosted a free website before but just wanted to confirm things :p

Caporegime
OP
Vidahost £2.99 per month £34.99 for the year.

Or if you can deal with 500mb and 10 mailboxes then there's a version for £14.99 per year.

No idea on space :p

I guess it's more of an informational website but will need to be able to host client emails? Assuming these have invoices attached that will also take up space?

Soldato
You can either buy the domain from the hosting company or use separate ones. Either will do I personally use separate ones only because I use multiple hosting companies so keeping track of domains is easier.

Email wise depending on the hoster you choose should just be a case of once the domain is on their nameservers clicking "add mail account" then entering the name of the email address name@domain you want.

Alright go with the 500mb package then scale up if you need to(with vida theres no downtime when upgrading package(most probably will be the same)). You'd be surprised how much you can keep on 500mb.

Back
Top Bottom