Want to know more..

Soldato
Morning guys,

I've just started getting into servers and want to find out more about them. I'm talking about the type of servers used in big companys. The ones I have seen are in a tall cabnet and have a crap load of eithernet cables coming out of the switches etc.

It's this setup I would like to know more about and find out just how these setups work.

Is there anywhere I can do some reasearch on servers? Also, want to get to know SBS 2003 better.

Any info would be greatly appericated!

Robert

Morning all,

Okay I guess the problem is that I do not know a lot about them at the moment, hence why I didn't really know how to ask the questions. Thank you for pointing out all the types etc..

So, here goes again.

I work in a company who does networking, servers and IT support.

At the moment they have put me in a joniur position so that I can learn all there is to know on the types of work they do. Now, the areas which I need to know are theses:

• SBS 2003 - How to configur it, manage it etc.
  • Exchange 2003 - Want to know how it works, how to set it up on the domain controller.
  • Network infrastructure - Want to know why there are so many cables, which some seem to loop into two switches ( patch panels? ) and anything else regarding them.

Think that's all for now. I apologise for not being clear in the first place...

Regards,
Robert.

Thank you so much for all the help guys. I really do appreciate it. Paradigm I will have a look at all the places and technologies you listed. At the moment I want to look at tutorials and find out what each of these server applications and exchange etc do exactly, then I will take a hands...as I do have a spare PC that I can mess around with. I agree plying with the software is the best way to learn!

Again thank you all so much for your time and effort in assisting me in this regard!

Regards,
Robert Clegg

Back
Top Bottom