Warhammer 40k book recommendations

Just started Angel Exterminatus. I have only read the first 2 chapters so can't say anything about it yet other than it was Imperial Fists in it and I love the Imperial Fists :D

I'm not liking the super huge paperback books though.

Well I dived into Betrayer, and I've nearly finished it. Only about 50 pages to go.

Going into the novel, I couldn't have been less enthusiastic. The reason being, the 2 chapters I cared about the least were the 2 chapters that the book was based around.

Oh how wrong I was.

Brilliant book. I see the World Eaters in a whole new light, and Bowden has done a fantastic job of painting the picture of their legion. And I'm not even finished with the book yet :D

I've managed to acquire Angel Exterminatus so that will be my next read.

I've also been reading on a few other forums, and there's a couple of points I've picked up:

We're looking at a 50 book series (strong rumour)
ADB next HH novel is titled Master Of Mankind (confirmed by the man himself).
The next HH limited ed book will be based around Corax and should be available to buy on April 5th.

Well that last one is definitely correct (got an email) but **** them. I'm fed up of this money wringing tactics.

Indeed.

I think I remember saying earlier in the thread that I hoped they wouldn't make the big end books limited eds. the more time goes on, the more money I'd put on them doing so.

I really really hope they don't. :(

Indeed.

I think I remember saying earlier in the thread that I hoped they wouldn't make the big end books limited eds. the more time goes on, the more money I'd put on them doing so.

I really really hope they don't. :(

They will :p

Don't worry we probably have 10-15 years of procrastination and average books yet before the series ends :p

Should be soon as it was supposed to be 3 months after the big paperback wasn't it?

I'm still reading Rise of the Tau, a fan fiction written by someone who used to be on the Black Library forum (before GW decided to pretend the internet didn't exist and deleted all their social stuff)

It's very good, but ******* long. I'm just over a thousand pages in and only half way :eek:

Should be soon as it was supposed to be 3 months after the big paperback wasn't it?

I'm still reading Rise of the Tau, a fan fiction written by someone who used to be on the Black Library forum (before GW decided to pretend the internet didn't exist and deleted all their social stuff)

It's very good, but ******* long. I'm just over a thousand pages in and only half way :eek:

:eek: ouch! That's one hell of a novel!

Regarding Angel Exterminatus, I keep checking the BL site for new releases and up coming releases but it doesn't appear anywhere!

Has anyone read the Ciaphas Cain novels by Sandy Mitchell? I would almost go as far to put them above anything I've read by Mr Abnett. (Described as blackadder in the W40K universe).

40kCiaphasCain.jpg

Well I can understand not wanting to read about the guard if you're not a fan of 'humies' in W40K. I don't read regular warhammer as I miss the variety you get with 40K, plus it's way, way more badass.
I would just like to stress that they are easily the funniest and most entertaining warhammer books I've ever read!

Finished Angel Exterminatus the other night and though it was quite good. Not one of the best but definitely not the worse. I really do not like Fulgrim lol. Nearly halfway through Betrayer and really enjoying this one (another good one by Dembski). There's not been much about the world eaters so far in the series so its great to be reading events from their point of view.

I'm undecided whether to start Gaunts Ghosts, Ciaphus Cain or the Eisenhorn and Ravenor books after finishing Betrayer

Just bought

Pariah
Baneblade
Deathwatch
Phalanx
Shadows of Treachery

I find the Black Library website very difficult to navigate. I bought SoT but didn't see Fear to Tread. It is easier to go on "the rain forest" and buy the books from there.

Finally finished Rise of the Tau! I thought it was a really good book, a little bit 'big battle-y' at the end but it was still fairly exciting and had some clever twists. After 2200 pages of that I might take a bit of a break from 40k novels :p

Finally finished Rise of the Tau! I thought it was a really good book, a little bit 'big battle-y' at the end but it was still fairly exciting and had some clever twists. After 2200 pages of that I might take a bit of a break from 40k novels :p

To be fair I kind of lost my way with it.

Will probably give it another go at somepoint though, got the link?

Back
Top Bottom