Warhammer 40k book recommendations

I finally got round to finishing Betrayer the other night. Another Dembski Bowden book which I thoroughly enjoyed. It actually had me feeling sorry and sympathetic to Angron at one point :eek: but that didn't last long :p

I had goose bumps when
The ultramarines joined the battle towards the end and Guilliman took on Lorgar. Shame he couldn't have killed Lorgar before Angron came charging in. I was very relieved that Angron didn't kill him too. Refusing to read what happens to the primarchs really does add extra suspense and excitement. Shame I will have to wait for another 10 - 15 years to finally know what happens :(

Now on to Eisenhorn

Just a heads up, BL now have Promethean Sun on pre-order for general sale.

They have also put Angel Exterminatus up as a pre order for the Legacy Edition.

Last edited:
Yeah I was going to order Promethean Sun until I saw the £4.50 postage charge. I'd expect a GW executive to hand deliver it for that price.

I'll either wait until there's something else I want or try and drop into a GW store at some point.

Does anyone else struggle with the Heresy series? My next Heresy book is A Thousand Sons but up untill this point Ive only really liked 5 of the books (opening 3, fulgrim and mechanicum). I can read through a normal 40k book in about a week but the heresy ones often seem a chore

Does anyone else struggle with the Heresy series? My next Heresy book is A Thousand Sons but up untill this point Ive only really liked 5 of the books (opening 3, fulgrim and mechanicum). I can read through a normal 40k book in about a week but the heresy ones often seem a chore

A Thousand Sons is my favourite out the whole series. Amazing book.

my problem is Ive read loads and loads of books from different authors, I really dont know where to jump in next. I wouldnt want to read something that gives the end of a previous story I havent yet covered.

So what do I read next?

read loads of HH
read the gaunts series.
hmm forgetting what else Ive read off the top of my mind.

So suggestions please. open to anything.

Im currently reading Nocturne then I need to read Deathwatch so im up to date for the independant characters podcast. After then I will return to the heresy.

I think part of my problems with the series is that my favorite chapters havent made much of an appearance so far.

my problem is Ive read loads and loads of books from different authors, I really dont know where to jump in next. I wouldnt want to read something that gives the end of a previous story I havent yet covered.

So what do I read next?

read loads of HH
read the gaunts series.
hmm forgetting what else Ive read off the top of my mind.

So suggestions please. open to anything.

Eisenhorn
Ravenor

both Dan Abnett, in that order.

Eisenhorn
Ravenor

both Dan Abnett, in that order.

Currently reading Baneblade right now. Bit slow to start but actually a decent read.

Read the Bequin book Pariah which was OK but not really up with Eisenhorn and Ravenor.

I really enjoyed Baneblade. Definitly want to check out Guy Haleys next 40k book whatever its going to be.

I still need to read Eisenhorn and Ravenor. I have Eisenhorn on my shelf but ive always been wary of it being too highly recommended and now might be a let down. Either way Ill get to it this year hopefully

I've been through the whole series (up to Angel Exterminatus, which I'm reading now.) and there is a bit of trash to get through. I personally couldn't hack Abyss, Legion, Prospero Burns and Outcast Dead, yet really liked the ones that get the flak, such as the Dark Angels books, Mechanicum and Nemesis.

A Thousand Sons is certainly one of the good ones.

Only pre order of Extermanirus up? That's some ******* delay!

Re the Horus series it's mostly garbage filler with the odd gem, unfortunately as time goes by there is more and more garbage/filler and less gem :(

Back
Top Bottom