Warhammer 40k book recommendations

Now thats cool, 16 books and still going! That's what I've been looking for, a nice long series of books to read :)

Think I'll read a few others before I start on those, maybe these?

Eisenhorn
Angel of Death
Ravenor
Space Wolf

Or should I start with the HH books as someone said earlier that they are set before a lot of the other books?

Don't worry about reading those before the HH series as those books are all set about 10,000 years later.

I recommend you start with Eisenhorn - utterly fantastic trilogy and one of Dan Abnett's best imo. Well worth reading Ravenor as well.

Finished False Gods last night, what a book:eek:
Hopefully Galaxy In Flames will turn up tomorrow, i cant wait to see whats next. Im sure it wont disappoint :)

Soul Hunter p***es all over every space marine book out there. Apart from some Dan Abnett ones.

All the HH books rock especially Legion, just ignore Battle for the Abyss!

If I were to start reading these, what order would I get them ?

Space Marine / Terminator books are the ones that I would read.

Honestly it doesn't matter, pretty much all the space marine series are self contained stories. The best place to start is really with the Horus Heresy series, for one it's the bedrock of most of the universe. For two it's a great story. After that just pick up which ever of the omnibuses that takes your fancy :)

Im nearing the end (100 pages left) of book 4 The Flight Of The Einstein. I have book 5 Fulgrim on its way.
Still amazing series so far, and i dont think theres been a weak book yet. My favourite one has to be the first one so far Horus Rising.

Finished The Flight Of The Einstein lastnight, really enjoyed it.
Postman didnt bring Book 5 Fulgrim so hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Also you can preorder the latest book named Age Of Darkness, which is out May 12th. Ill probably be only on book 7 by then:p:D

All the HH books rock especially Legion, just ignore Battle for the Abyss!

I've just started reading Book 8, 'Battle for the Abyss', and I must say I'm finding it the hardest two get in to.

The first seven I shot through, and loved, so hopefully this one will pick up.

Just bought 'Dead Men Walking', the first book I purchased as a download from BL, and it seems fairly good, and the download service was great.

Paul

Did you read Eisenhorn?

While you can read Ravenor without reading Eisenhorn I would recommend you read Eisenhorn first.

Read Eisenhorn before I started on the Guants Ghosts ominbus'

Seem to be taking forwever to finish Ravenor. Not that I don't like it just too knackered to read in bed for very long :)

HH Spoiler-ish type question.

I've read up to "A Thousand Sons" of the HH books - from the blurb of the latest books, has the dropsite massacre been overlooked? I would think that should really be one book in its own right.

Last edited:
Yes, you'll get other perspectives from the dropsite massacre. The First Heretic covers it from the Word Bearers viewpoint. You can also listen to the Raven Gaurd account in the audiobook The Raven's Flight.
Considering the number of Legions present at the incident, I should think we will see a few more books covering the massacre.

Back
Top Bottom