Warhammer Competition - Paint a Space Marine!

Caporegime
This is all getting swallowed in the Warhammer thread and we could use a separate thread for judging etc so here we go! Rules are as follows:

Tactical or Assault marine model (or equivalent for Space Wolves) only.
No Sternguard/Vanguard/Forge World/special characters etc
No large/third party bases, must be on supplied base but base can be decorated as desired.
Figure can be converted but don't go overboard (weapon swaps or green stuffing are fine for example).
Paint scheme must be original (no using current ones), come up with a name and little fluff piece to go with it.

Three prizes are available, will be based on:

1. Painting (Painting ability)
2. Modelling (conversion, pose, base etc)
3. Scheme (Paint scheme ignoring ability, fluff)

Prizes are:

Njal Stormcaller (old version, white metal, OOP, unpainted) donated by Shamikebab
Black Library books tbc donated by Aceytrixx
Space Marine Dreadnaught (new in box) donated by Spuj

It should be something new that you've painted since the competition started. This can't be checked so please be honest!

The final entry date is Midnight 15th December

Bolter and Chainsword have a fantastic tool for trying out schemes:

Space Marine Painter

People taking part:

Shamikebab
Spuj
Indie
Aceytrixx

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If people just want to buy one marine best to have a look on ebay, might be able to find some cheapish single models.

If worst comes to the worst I have some older marines I could mail out for cost of postage :)

Caporegime
OP
Also Bolter and Chainsword have a fantastic tool for trying out schemes:

Space Marine Painter

Here's a tongue in cheek sample one :p

The Golden Codpieces

A descendent chapter of the Raven Guard, like them they focus on stealth combat techniques. Due to a tradition lost in time however each marine has his codpiece done in burnished gold, to represent one part of the Emperor's armour.

The last thing the enemy sees before they're destroyed is a golden codpiece coming out of the shadows.

Caporegime
OP
Haha, I didn't even realise the forum had been created :D

Yep I'm happy with that, in fact let's make it 15th December, gives the weekend. I need to start thinking bases.

Caporegime
OP
managed to do a lot on mine last night, just need some final touches then pinning it to the base.

Anyone else got any updates? At the moment there's 3 of us and 3 prizes :p

Caporegime
OP
Yeah not enough people did it :( I actually did finish mine. Stuck it elsewhere:

Not too happy with it tbh, first time I've tried to freehand and I forgot to dust the model off before I took photos :p

Back
Top Bottom