Warhammer Darktide Reveal

Hope they do an equally good job on the voice acting...it's a genuine stand-out quality in VT2.

Was looking at a few discussions and a few people are disappointed that you won't be playing as Space Marines.

Sure Space Marines are badass, but they are also the most BORING characters out there.

"Brother, I love the Emperor!"
"Brother, I love the Emperor too!"

Hearing that endlessly over a map won't be fun.

There are plenty of games with space marines, not many in the 40k setting with something like the guard... I think it'll make for a more interesting game than one where you are an overpowered emperor loving superhuman killing machine.

I wish someone would make a full on single player story driven FPS as a guardsman - from getting taken away from your home world to train in the guard, to receiving your first lasgun, to headshotting your first Ork, to killing your first tyranid with a chain sword to an all out epic battle alongside space marines and titans on a massive map with objectives against chaos. All from the perspective of a lowly guardsman with nothing but his faith, flak armour and lasgun to protect him. You could throw in interactions with commissars, getting promoted and being able to choose new gear (upgraded lasgun, power sword/fist, plasma pistols etc etc).

it would have course need a badass story to go with it

Looks like you are playing Guardsman part of the inquisition. So human rather than space marines. Very interesting.

I miss out on these games as I don't really have friends who play on PC. I'd imagine it's fun with the right crowd.

In the least pathetic way possible, if I do pick this up, I'll be your friend :D Don't have anyone I know either :). I suspect OCUK discord could help out with people to play with too, though I've not really tried it.

In the least pathetic way possible, if I do pick this up, I'll be your friend :D Don't have anyone I know either :). I suspect OCUK discord could help out with people to play with too, though I've not really tried it.

Oh you. I guess I don't particularly try to find people on here either, usually feel inadequate as there are some pretty hardcore players and I'm not that good. that and being pathetically shy online are all great reasons too.

Oh you. I guess I don't particularly try to find people on here either, usually feel inadequate as there are some pretty hardcore players and I'm not that good. that and being pathetically shy online are all great reasons too.

Far from hardcore. Never been much of an FPS player either, mostly drawn in by the setting more than anything.

I'll jump on this bandwagon!

I'm playing necromunda: underhive wars at the minute as a warmup

I played quite a lot of the original L4D games, and I did enjoy them, I just hope this feels like something different and not just 'zombies' in a 40k setting.

Back
Top Bottom