Warhammer Darktide Reveal

Never played Vermintide and have just claimed it for free on Steam currently. Thinking of Darktide especially for the co-op... still undecided and not sure on it from the YouTube videos I've been watching.

I tried Vermintide II over the weekend with it being free, I can certainly see how it could be fun but it did feel a little dated in terms of graphics.

I'll keep an eye on Darktide and hopefully pick it up when it's a bit cheaper.

It's going to be one to wait until after it launches and see how it runs then, it wasn't without issues when we had the beta but that's supposed to be on a older build and it's all fixed now (where have we all heard that before)

I have quite a few friends who have bought this on steam, any news on if the crossplay with MS store/Gamepass will be in at launch?

Some people really are "if it isn't steam I not buying" still aren't they. Either PC gamers haven't got the memo about getting 3 years of gamepass on the cheap, or they the cult of gaben is truly strong.

I have quite a few friends who have bought this on steam, any news on if the crossplay with MS store/Gamepass will be in at launch?

Some people really are "if it isn't steam I not buying" still aren't they. Either PC gamers haven't got the memo about getting 3 years of gamepass on the cheap, or they the cult of gaben is truly strong.
I didn't realise this was coming on gamepass?! If so yeah no cross play means I'll be buying it on steam. Would be crazy to split the player base

3 years of gamepass on the cheap? tell all!
Short version, buy 3 years xbox live and then convert it to Gamepass ultimate.
I used CDkeys for my live and if you havent used it before the conversion costs £1. Yopu can do it cheaper if you want to take a VPN trip to somewhere but thats too much hassle for me, as i have multiple devices on the same account in multiple locations.

It's the best deal in gaming by far, even if your only playing on PC, more so if like me you have a console as well.

IF you just focus on the big always going to be on gamepass first party games it more than pays for itself, Halo, Gears, Forza, Sea of theives, Flight sim all the bethesda games and soon hopefully all the activision/blizzard games.

On top of that you get all the other stuff that "netflixs" on and off the service, including some gems I would never have bought, like Zoid ******** which was great fun and games like back for blood that are a couple of months worth of great fun.

Last edited:
Crossplay between GamePass and Steam is something they’re working on, but will not be arriving on release day. There’s also no scheduled release for crossplay nor confirmation it will definitely happen.

In my opinion, no crossplay means people will buy on Steam, and low usage on Gamepass will result on it being dropped (much like Vermintide 2 was iirc)

Not sure ill be happy with getting it on game pass.
A few years back i started playing deep rock galactic on game pass but couldnt find people to play with, after some research literally 99% of the playerbase were on the steam version so i bought it there and had a blast.
I forsee something similar with Darktide.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom