• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Warranty on B grade GPU

Associate
OP
To be fair I really should have registered it asap, never thought to. In fact once I realised after a month or 2 it was functioning I completely lost the idea it could ever break xD.... Anyway current update, Gigabyte have it but haven't started working on it yet.

Associate
To be fair I really should have registered it asap, never thought to. In fact once I realised after a month or 2 it was functioning I completely lost the idea it could ever break xD.... Anyway current update, Gigabyte have it but haven't started working on it yet.

Fingers crossed mate!

I got a B-grade Gigabyte RTX 2060 a few days ago and registered it today. It's now showing a full 3 years of warranty by uploading the invoice from overclockers..

Man of Honour
To be fair I've never registered any computer hardware even brand new that I can recall, unless it was required for a promotion like free games or whatever. Maybe I ought to now I have much more expensive components than normal.

Soldato
To be fair I've never registered any computer hardware even brand new that I can recall, unless it was required for a promotion like free games or whatever. Maybe I ought to now I have much more expensive components than normal.
I got into the habit with graphics cards due to manufacturers offering extra warranty for doing so. Zotac extend their warranty to five years if you register, and Gigabyte offered an extra year on top of the standard three for doing so. Although I believe Gigabyte just offer the four years as standard now and don't require registration any more.

Man of Honour
Historically I never used to keep cards for more than a couple of years, and they all cost under £250 brand new, but now I have a £600 card it is worth considering maybe. Has a 3 year warranty by default.

Associate
OP
Ok final update. Unbelievably surprised. 2 years and 11 months on a B-Grade gpu without a serial number or original box and I've not only had a replacement sent to me its an upgrade. I had an OC Black which is a basic card, and I got sent an Auros xtreme! the heatsinks literally 2x or more in weight of what I had, this has a backplate, rgb and a 150% power limit.

Read some horror stories around Gigabyte RMA specifically in my area and this is happening around the ransomware taking out some RMA servers, I had decided I wouldn't go with GB again but now I'm more than impressed.

I knew not to jump to conclusions but the box they sent me had 3080 in the serial number, which I believe was just a reused box and not to do with this things serial number, but I would've lost my mind if I got a 3080 from this xD

Soldato
Great outcome!

I bought two b grade graphics cards from here a couple of years ago now. Paid less than i would have through eBay etc and the 90 day warranty is enough to be happy that its working properly on arrival. Would happily buy another.

Back
Top Bottom