Was the 80's the best decade for music and movies?

Soldato
Just been watching old Top of the Pops programmes on BBC4, they do random years.

It's becoming a regular Friday evening event (sad I know) - but I'm realising the ones from the 80's I'm not only enjoying the most but recognising the vast majority of songs from, even when they are running through the top 40, I'd say I'm familiar with the majority.

Unlike the ones from the 90's or later.

I was born early 80's so would have been too young for the early 80's stuff, although I guess things are played several years after, and still today in a lot of cases.

I also think 80's movies were by far the best, they had a good mix of still relying on more traditional camera on actors, acting, but also started getting really good special effects to back it up, before everything turned to CG and got ruined.

I'll admit I'm guilty of living in the past, and maybe I'm getting old but I honestly think the 80's was the best era for music and movies.

I think there was some really good music from the 70's as well, but if I had to pick id take 80's.

Also don't think movies were anywhere near as good in the 70's, with the odd exception.

Last TOTP on this evening was 1978, very good actually. Black Sabbath - Never Say Die, amongst some others, I was pointing out to my 6 year old son that it was Ozzy Osbourne (who he is familiar with, at least the more modern version) and he didn't believe me!

I guess it's still around that era.

Back
Top Bottom