Wash socks inside out or not?

One

One

Soldato
I figure you're supposed to wash them inside out but I think it makes more sense washing them the normal way.

Physical crud will be on the outside of the sock, dirt from shoes, the floor etc. Whereas the inside will just be foot sweat. If you wash them inside out surely all the physical crud will be held within the sock so when you turn them back the right way all the crud will still be there?

Thoughts?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

You wash your socks? Weirdo.

Just hang them over the radiator for an airing like everyone else!

Soldato
I figure you're supposed to wash them inside out but I think it makes more sense washing them the normal way.

Physical crud will be on the outside of the sock, dirt from shoes, the floor etc. Whereas the inside will just be foot sweat. If you wash them inside out surely all the physical crud will be held within the sock so when you turn them back the right way all the crud will still be there?

Thoughts?

You're over-thinking this shizzle, buddy.

Consigliere

Thoughts?

:/

Do you turn EVERYTHING inside out before putting it in the machine?

They are designed to wash whatever it is, whatever way round it is.

Soldato
You have to wash them twice, inside out and then right way round just to be sure!!

Kidding, they go in the washer how they come off my feet, this occasionally means rolled in a ball as well.

Soldato
29118p5.jpg

Caporegime
I don't wash anything inside out.

I've got tshirts that say to turn inside out and treat as darks but most clothes ends up inside out by the end of the wash anyway...

I just stick everything on 40c dark care wash :D apart from my bedding and towels which obviously get a nice hot wash

Back
Top Bottom