Water Meter

Soldato
I just had a letter from Affinity Water that they'll be fitting a meter in the next couple of months. They say 70% of people save money with a meter. Presumably because they're being more aware of not wasting water which keeps their bills down. I'm used to getting a set monthly direct debit amount from Affinity. Has anyone reading this found their bills less or more since getting metered?

Soldato
OP
On my letter, it says they'll do an outside survey and let me know if, when and where they'll fit it. It involves digging a small hole and will take about 2 hours. I suppose there's a small chance they might not fit one as they mentioned 'if'.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I jumped over to water meter as Thames water was charging me around £55 per month. Now around £27.00 per month.
That sounds promising for me then. I'm paying just over £55 so if metering reduces it by half like in your case, that would be great. Is it that you're being much more conscious of not running water excessively that's brought your bills down or is it just generally cheaper on your meter?

Back
Top Bottom