Water pump running after water turned off

Associate
Next to our hot water tank, there is some sort of pump which comes on when either the bath or shower is turned on. I'm not sure if it's always been this way or if we're only noticing it now, but occasionally the pump will continue to run for around 15 minutes after the bath taps or shower has been switched off. Before I make my self look like an idiot and incur a call out charge for potentially no reason, does anyone know if this is normal?

Not normal. It should have a flow sensor which when you turn the shower off it turns the pump off.

Try turning shower on then off again. My old one used to get stuck on.

Not normal. It should have a flow sensor which when you turn the shower off it turns the pump off.

Try turning shower on then off again. My old one used to get stuck on.
Thanks. That was my assumption too. But the thing is, it doesn't happen all the time. I've just ran the shower for 10 minutes and the pump shut off instantly after I switched the shower off.

I did notice earlier today, when the pump continued to run after the shower had been switched off, that there was a flowing water sound coming from the hot water tank, almost as if it was filling up. I literally have no idea about how the heating and water works, but if the water tank was empty (or filling) could this tigger the pump to turn on?

If there wasn't water coming out anywhere the shower pump should be off.

My pump issue wasn't every time either.

I solved by moving house and in next house I have a Stuart turner 2.6bar twin pump and no issues with this one

If there wasn't water coming out anywhere the shower pump should be off.

My pump issue wasn't every time either.

I solved by moving house and in next house I have a Stuart turner 2.6bar twin pump and no issues with this one

Haha thanks. I don't thing we'll be moving house. Ours is a Stuart Turner 1.5 bar. I'll try and do some more trouble shooting before I call someone out, or at least get it to consistently happen.

Back
Top Bottom