Water Questions.

Associate
I'm thinking of going over to water cooling, never used it before and it looks so kool :cool: get it? >.O kool...

Yeah but realy,

The main reasons I'm thinking about it is, silence! I've just read one of the threads and someone mentioned the RESERATOR 2. So I looked it up and, it has NO fans?! So it's litraly silent, not a single noise. Unlike when you go to buy a new fan and it says it's silent in the discription when realy it sounds like a blender.

My question is this, If you bought the Reserator 2, would I be able to add different components onto it? i.e not use the CPU block that comes with it and use a thermal take block instead? ( There's a nice block with LED's on it ^_^ ).

Second is, whats the performance like when connecting say, CPU, GPU and northbridge to it? I'm thinking the cold water would flow onto the CPU then the warm water from the CPU would just heat the GPU up because it hasn't been to the erm.. tank thing? to cool down? Then all the hot water from those 2 would be sent to the north bridge? Arg, complicated stuff wate cooling is ^_~.

/NachT

Forgot to add,

How ofter do you have to change the water on these things, thats if you evan have to change it? And do you have to clean inside of the blocks and tubes etc, because fungus might grow inside or somthing?

Thanks for the help Rob ;)

I'm not much of an overclocker, as in I don't overclock :p So would the reserator 2 be good for me now heh. Also my NB is kind'a extremely hot and I have no idea why :eek: So it may be good to use it on that, I think. My NB temp is 50 C at the min, and i'm not doing anything at all. I don't know if putting load of the system would make a temp difference to the NB, but 50 C is it's temp atm :p

Thanks again for the helps.

/NachT

Bomag said:
The reserator 2 is perfectly capable of cooling a CPU+VGA+NB at stock. I am writing this on my HTPC using a res 2. The system idels at cpu (x2 3800) 30C, GPU (7800GTX) 30C and NB (A8N SLI Prem) 38 (down 7C from air cooling). On dual prime it gets the CPU up to about 42C and on 3dmark05/06 the GPU gets up to about 45C.

The problem with this system is that although the radiator capacity is large the flow is low, this means that a heavily overclocked CPU overstresses the system i.e. E6600 @3.5 1.5v ran at 58C but only 51C with a Zalman 9500.

Thanks for the replay.

1st stupid question, HTPC.. ? .. it's late ( thats my excuse ) :(

Those temps are very nice for having all 3 running of the one reserator + you get the silence wich is the main reason i'm thinking about getting it.

What do you think about these two lot's of spec's, would they run ok on a res 2 underload and at idle.

1st: AMD x2 4800 + 1x Geforce 7800 GT + N/B ( or without the N/B it's not that big of a deal, just the CPU + GPU )

2nd: Conroe 6800 + a decent GFX card, would this set-up also cope with 2x SLi cards + the CPU?

Everything @ stock.

Back
Top Bottom