Watercooling... Distilled or de-ionised??

Caporegime
I've just been down to the supermarket and all they had was de-ionized water and I thought it was what I needed, but I've just read that it will corrode the waterblocks?!? apparently distilled is what I need?

Caporegime
OP
So it's safe to use the de-ionized with only Fezer coolant (which says it protects from corrosion)?? do i need anything else cos I seem to be getting a surprise at every turn with this watercooling? :p

Caporegime
OP
Are you taking about feser base?
if so not worth it unless you have a secondhand mixed metal loop (aka scratched)

I purchase a full kit brand new which came with 2 bottles of Feser One Cooling Fluid, the kit said it comes with everything needed (except for distilled/de-ionized water).

Should I not user the Feser then? what's the purpose of it if not?

Caporegime
OP
if you already have feser one - you might as well use it (it can be used straight from the bottles)

I currently have 2 litres of Feser One and 2.5 litres of De-ionized water, I thought the Fezer was just an additive for the de-ionized/distilled water, is it to be used instead of it then?

Caporegime
OP
Yeah the water was bought separately, I thought it was strange that I got sent 2 litres of the Fezer but the bottles are all in German so I didn't pay much attention to them.

The kit itself comes with 2 litres of Feser One but in the description it says "comes with everything you need except distilled/de-ionized water", so I presumed the Fezer was an additive and I needed water, otherwise why would it make a point of not coming with water?

I am so confused. :p

So I didn't need the water at all then?? I just fill up the loop with the Feser and bobs my uncle?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
im about an hour away from filling stage and still confused and getting mixed messages, do i fill with 100% of Feser One or use the de-ionized water and buy additives? or a mixture of both?

Caporegime
OP
Yeah I've got UV Red, I was tempted to drain it all out and use the distilled but I'll just see how it goes and find out for myself I suppose, a bit of clogging is better than corrosion but hopefully I'll get lucky and it wont clog.

Thanks for all the help all, I was proper confused yesterday and didn't want to bodge up £300 of watercooling equipment by doing something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom