Watercooling My CM Stacker

Soldato
Hey Guys,

Finally got round to water cooling my stacker, and I'm very pleased with the results....

Tools Used

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_3.jpg

I only realised after this project that a dremel really is a must have to do any form of modifications came in handy so many times, the first time being 10mins into the work.

I was taking the stock cooler off my sexy X1900XT and one of the screw heads rounded, 1st job for the little dremel, I cut the head off the screw and off came the cooler

Before

IMG_5.jpg

After Warning! Picture contains Nudity!

IMG_7.jpg

Soldato
OP
The next thing to do was epoxy some ramsinks onto the Graphics card memory, I used Artic Silver Alumina and it worked really well, bonded in around 5minutes.

IMG_8.jpg

IMG_9.jpg

Once that was done it was time to start chopping up the case. I had to drill out many rivets to drop the PSU Cage out and cut out the holes for the tripple rad. At this time I was so engrossed into the project that I forgot to take photos during the modification, however, this is the end result.

IMG_10.jpg

Here are the components that went into the system.

IMG_2.jpg

And a brand new X Fi

IMG_6.jpg

Soldato
OP
After

IMG_18.jpg

IMG_19.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

Temps are good, CPU hasnt breached 42 degrees at 2.9ghz 1.5v and GPU hasnt breached 45 @ 760/800

Really pleased with the setup and its oh so quiet, amber series running at 5v are in audible

Associate
Nice job! I'll try and post some pics of my O2'd stacker, similar mounting of the rads, but I chose to dremel holes in my PSU cage rather than remove it completely as it retains structural integrity. I'd love a side panel with a window like yours but they seem to be rare all of a sudden.

Oh, and nice of you to include a picture of your missus - you should build her a PC of her own to keep her occupied when you're modding. Then she can cruise Ebay for clothes and play 'Jewel Quest' type games like my bird does when my PC demands some quality time. :D

Back
Top Bottom