watercooling pipe length?

Wise Guy
Soldato
smids said:
I might get better at refitting but I doubt it. I did not reuse the same AS5 - I'm not that much of a n00b. I was merely stating that AS5 from the same tube was used in both cases.

Bundles said:
The more you do it the better you get (mounting waterblocks) :)

The AS5 could have been applied more evenly and thinner too, again the more you do it the better you get.

Both still stand imo.

You DO NOT drop 4°C just by shortening your tubing, unless you went from like 20m to 2m, unless your using a 75lph pump or a water pistol or something. I would think you went from 4m to 3m at the most, possibly 3m to 2m.

I used to have my radbox in a different room to my PC, the water had to flow around a 15m loop. When i then changed to my PC sitting on top of the radbox i dropped 2°C (which was more than i expected tbh.) but again most of that could have been from me remounting my block and cleaning my rads (which wern't that dusty anyway).

One thing that could have improved your flow rate enought to give you a sizeable drop could be if you had your rad much higher than your pump before the redo, but only a bit above it after the redo. lifting the water up in the air kills flow rate compared to it traveling any distance. (hence what head heights are all about)

Last edited:
Soldato
It was more like 5m to 2m. I had the pump and res outside the case (which is a stacker) and the rads were in awkward positions to prevent kinking (there wasn't any kinking at all thanks to my efforts). Maybe it wasn't all down to tubing (which I admit) but there was a certain difference.

Back
Top Bottom