WB (DC) WB meging with Paramount ?

I would be surprised if any of it is from the actual film. I thought I read somewhere it was all deleted and even the directors didn't have a chance to copy it.

I don't really watch the DC TV shows (apart from the original Smallville!) But I imagine the scenes are from various CW shows and dialogue maybe dubbed in somehow.

rp2000

I would be surprised if any of it is from the actual film. I thought I read somewhere it was all deleted and even the directors didn't have a chance to copy it.

I don't really watch the DC TV shows (apart from the original Smallville!) But I imagine the scenes are from various CW shows and dialogue maybe dubbed in somehow.

rp2000
Locked up in a secured vault. There was enough of the film to have test screenings

That's WW 3 cancelled now too. It's not in the direction James Gunn wants to go. Don't blame them WW84 was easily one if not the worst movies they made.

Last edited:
That's WW 3 cancelled now too. It's not in the direction James Gunn wants to go. Don't blame them WW84 was easily one if not the worst movies they made.
Wowowowow hah

Man Zaslav means business. Starting to have high hopes for the DCU now. If he walks into your writing room you might as well start packing hah

That's took some balls. Fair play shows James Gunn has full backing from him.

It seems they still want the actor's.

With Henry instagram post saying he should be showing up more and rumours they want Ben back hopefully Gal is still planned for WW.

Just give them decent material.

Last edited:
Looks like Aquaman is done too. Jason Momoa to switch role from Aquaman to the main man!!!!!!! :D

Lobo

Last edited:
Looks like Aquaman is done too. Jason Momoa to switch role from Aquaman to the main man!!!!!!! :D

Lobo
Isn't that more wishful thinking from some people, obviously Momoa is better suited to that character and Gunn does like the wisecracking anti hero type.

Last edited:
Isn't that more wishful thinking from some people, obviously Momoa is better suited to that character and Gunn does like the wisecracking anti hero type.
Maybe but just seen the same rumour going about. Same one with WW.

Rumours that they turned down the pitch for Man Of Steel 2 but they are still open for idea's and want Henry.

Very interesting. I do enjoy most stuff Gunn puts out so gotta trust the process.

The issue was likely everyone wanted to do their "own take" and take things in their own direction.

With a general "plan" being implemented, then obviously you can do things your way but it can't deviate from the "plan" overall (I'm fairly sure they've seen how Star Wars, the biggest daddy of them all previously that was unassailable before, has been lain low by mismanagement and letting people do their own thing instead of being a cohesive continuing story). So if the players involved don't like it, they'll need to walk. Which sounds like what happened to Patty.

As for Henry and the future, I'm sure Henry will be kept on. The guys all in the upper echelon of the new WBD appears to want Superman front and centre, and would have nixed The Rocks request to bring in Henry if they weren't even remotely keen on keeping him. So pitches done so far without factoring in the future plan is not surprising, given they need to pivot towards that somewhat at least to make sure all films are (partly) joined at least to provide each other continuity and continuation. Having a side adventure for a main movie where Superman gets dropped onto a planets with Face Huggers and Xenomorph aliens won't push the DCU, even if that might be exciting for some. Or the equivalent of Superman V Terminator. The film(s) now need to serve the greater story goal overall. So once Gunn and Safran has provided Zaslav the plan, I'm sure pitches made that can pivot towards this plan will be green lit with Henry in the role.

Last edited:
Allegedly Patty walked out of her pitch meeting with WW3 with the WB execs when they didnt buy into her story. She got asked to change the story, she refused and walked off.

Last week, Jenkins turned in her treatment for “Wonder Woman 3” to the studio, according to the insiders.

Warner Bros. Film Group Co-Chairpersons and CEOs Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy didn’t think the treatment worked and decided not to move forward with the film in its current iteration. Gunn and Safran, who had nothing to do with the decision, also agreed with De Luca and Abdy that the treatment didn’t work.

De Luca and Abdy spoke to Jenkins first and communicated that they didn’t get the treatment, didn’t think it was the right direction for the franchise and asked Jenkins if she would consider pitching something else for the IP in another direction.

According to one insider, Jenkins refused and let De Luca and Abdy “know that they were wrong, that they didn’t understand her, didn’t understand the character, didn’t understand character arcs and didn’t understand what Jenkins was trying to do.”

To underscore her point, according to the first insider, Jenkins sent an email to De Luca that ended with a link to the Wikipedia definition of “character arc.”

Jenkins was told that if she wanted to come back and pitch a different direction for Wonder Woman, the studio would hear it. She stood firm to her vision and responded that if they didn’t want to do her treatment, she wasn’t going to do a different one and would instead just move on to her next film.

Sorry Patty i dont think anyone understood what you were trying to do going by the WW84 effort. It was bloody awful.

Last edited:
Allegedly Patty walked out of her pitch meeting with WW3 with the WB execs when they didnt buy into her story. She got asked to change the story, she refused and walked off.

Insert *that time of the month* joke here.

Only reason she even got the star wars gig was people were unaware Snyder was basically hands on with her on the first wonder woman movie. The second movie is her and her alone, enough said. Disney probably trying to wriggle out of her making anything Star Wars after Ww84 and seeing how bad that turned out with her at the helm by herself.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kyo
Insert *that time of the month* joke here.

Only reason she even got the star wars gig was people were unaware Snyder was basically hands on with her on the first wonder woman movie. The second movie is her and her alone, enough said. Disney probably trying to wriggle out of her making anything Star Wars after Ww84 and seeing how bad that turned out with her at the helm by herself.

Goes to show once the training wheels were off, (Snyder) and she ran solo. boy did they come off, flew off the hinges and then the movie was all over the place. I think if one were on a drunken drug induced bender for a month, would have still probably produced something more coherent than WW84. :cry:

Last edited:

They've removed other shows from HBO Max, but now Westworld. I never really looked into it before but it's so they don't have to pay residuals money to the people involved in the show. No doubt they can sell it to Netflix or someone else.

Either way, seems a really radical way to save money, removing unique content from your own service that you created for 100s of millions only recently.

Either they are on really bad shape financially or they are building a war chest of money to make decent DC movies :D

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom