WB (DC) WB meging with Paramount ?

James Gunn response to Henry rumours hah

They've removed other shows from HBO Max, but now Westworld. I never really looked into it before but it's so they don't have to pay residuals money to the people involved in the show. No doubt they can sell it to Netflix or someone else.

Either way, seems a really radical way to save money, removing unique content from your own service that you created for 100s of millions only recently.

Either they are on really bad shape financially or they are building a war chest of money to make decent DC movies :D

rp2000
It's viewership had dropped over 80%.

Yeesh. I feel bad for the next Superman actor.

1. Whether by chance, or design, the way the situation with Henry and DC unfolded will not be seen in a favourable light. Especially since Henry wasn't the one at fault at any point here. This puts pressure on the next points. Like it or not, they've kinda made it a poisoned chalice for the next Superman actor. And if they don't perform well or is as well received, this is going to ruin them and the new film Universe.

2. A new Superman just starting out at the Daily Planet? Er, isn't that just another origin story? You leave out Ma and Pa Kent, and the story with Krypton maybe, but still an origin story. The problem here is... There's too many of those. Every time it's another "And here's how they started" movie again. The reason the Superman Henry embodied was well liked these last few years, was that it's Superman at full power, and of course, also looks the part. Whilst you would need something to build off for the Cinematic Universe the new "heads" of DC are aiming for, the new Superman won't be anything remotely close to this level of "power" for many years if they are doing to stick to a "plan".

To be honest, if I wanted to watch that again, I could watch Superman The Move, The Matrix, Iron Man, etc where they start out, change and improve on themselves (again). What some viewers want, is Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee, Ip Man 1s Donnie Yen, etc. They're at the peak of their power already (because we've already seen it many times already, Captain Marvel didn't fall into this category because she does not have previous outings), now give us stories around that stage, we don't need to see them "learn" "AGAIN". But *shrugs*...

3. Comparisons to Henry will inevitibly be made. Are they buff enough? Are they "manly" enough? (Lets face it, they should be, every Superman live action actor has had that quality in them, but Henry is a real hard draw to be compared against typically, with only Christopher really beating them). Do they carry themselves well off screen as well? (Reeves started this, and thus far, only Cavill have ome close, Routh has done well too, as has Welling, but they'll need to be careful on casting, since we've seen what one Ezra Miller became despite how they seemed before...)

Personally, I think I've had my fill on DC stuff for now. I'll likely be back for the new stuff later down the line, but won't be providing support for the cinematic releases in the Cinemat like I had been with the moveis during the "Golden Age" of such movies: 2008-2018.

Apparently it wont be another origin story but who cares.... I dont want to see superman struggling to be a reporter in the daily planet and probably getting slapped by Lex Luther with a kryptonite toliet paper, its been done to death.

By now we should be seeing supes going full ham on some of baddies we aint seen yet...hell they tee'd up Darkseid so why not just let him crack on and smash his face in on screen. I'd love to see Cavill doing that but instead it sounds we'll being getting a post graduate Peter Parker struggle...great.

I'm calling it now, I'm betting the spine of the film is Lois Lane gets into some bother and he needs to save her

Did they ever cancel the superman movie that the race hustler Ta-Nehisi Coates and JJ Abrams were working on? Could explain why they've binned Cavil off.

Back
Top Bottom