Web Browser within a website

Associate
Hi everyone,

I recently put a simple iFrame into a website of mine in order to view web pages through it rather than using a normal browser and going direct to the site.

I stupidly didn't click on that it's not bypassing anything, it's still using the server, but just displayed in an iFrame.

Is there a way to say:

1) I got to www.mywebsite.com
2) I type in to an input box a web address - e.g. "bbc.co.uk"
3) the site fetches this and puts the contents into an iFrame

Meaning the computer I'm actually using isn't doing any of this fetching itself and will only see www.mywebsite.com

Thanks in adavnce - for some reason I can't get my head round this

Associate
OP
Does it have to be iFrame?

You need to look at proxys if this isn't part of a project where you want to do it yourself try this;
https://www.glype.com/

It doesn't have to be an iFrame, I just thought it would be handy having it within my website so I can easily access it without leaving that URL.

That's not how it works at all - your computer is still the one reading all the content. If you're trying to avoid virus infections, or trying not to cache content or hide your tracks, this method will do none of that.

Use a real proxy.

My website is hosted on an Ubuntu virtual server where I have Apache installed, so I could configure that as a proxy.

My thoughts were I didn't want to to then have to start configuring browsers to use a proxy, but would be easier if I could somehow have that facility through a site.

Associate
OP
Yes If you use the script Mynight posted it will be "through your site" it's a web based proxy. It's a one time server side config, you wont have to configure individual browsers, you just browse to yourdomain.com/glype-proxy and you can use it as a proxy straight away on any browser.

I used to have one set up back in school and college :p

Thanks to MyNight and yourself - appreciate your help.

I'm into programming/coding and hacking but not that great, so appreciate your guidance here.

Back
Top Bottom