Web dev looking for web hosting recommendations (more info inside)

Associate
Hi guys,

I currently have a reseller with Hostgator. Shoot me now if you want to, but I haven't really had any problems with this service thus far, apart from it being a little slow here and there. I have probably about 20 accounts on my reseller right now, so certainly not too many things going on, but I am looking to expand slowly. I currently pay $30 a month for this reseller. My budget is probably about $50 p/m.

I currently only have root access to my main cpanel account through hostgator. I want to be able to have full root access. My main priority is being able to offer a good experience for my customers that I make websites for and then host them on my server.

I currently use WHMCS to bill and manage my clients, it works nicely with cPanel and I enjoy the whole automation I have going on. Though if anyone has any better advice for client management and billing I'm very much open to ideas and suggestions, tell me what you guys do!

I have been taking a look at the likes of Media Temple, I see that offer Plesk, which is something I would have to get used to being a cPanel user myself. They also seem to include some kind of billing software, has anyone used anything aside from WHMCS? Recommendations here? Hostgator include cPanel/WHMCS so that's what I have become accustomed to and it works nicely for what I do right now. It may sound a bit like I'm enjoying my experience with Hostgator, though my shared package is rather slow and I want to get more experience with the whole sysadmin side of things, plus I have read and heard from people on Reddit to stay away from the likes of Godaddy and hostgator. That's why I'm looking for advice really!

Thanks for reading!

Associate
Vidahost offer reseller packages https://www.vidahost.com/reseller/overview - have a check on that link to see if they're anything like you're after and a quick email or call to them will probably get any other questions sorted. Lots of people here happy with their hosting - I use one of their shared packages. Discount codes.
Another option may be to contact Hostgator regarding slowness before moving?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply mate. I'm going to give Vidahost a call tomorrow and same with hostgator. I'll get a nice new VPS within the next few days, time to get shopping :)

Back
Top Bottom