Web host stole my domain...

Associate
I was hosting a site with a web host and bought various services from them.
I had a lot of domains and services from them but when one of them came up for renewel.. the web host (a small company) registered the domain under his name.

The guy ignores my questions about the domain.

What next ?

Good point. Is it with a well known host?

No, its with a very small company. I only went with them at the time cos they had cheap web hosting services.

Im also having to deal with another company which last month sold the domains to another company that got taken over and now I want them to change the IPS-tag so I can consolidate .. they are dragging their feet for days now and have gone quiet also.

This web hosting business is full of snakes. :( :eek:

Last edited:
I have correspondence where he acknowledges its my domain and I have emails of me ordering stuff off him for the domain.

Im not exactly sure how he managed to transfer the domain in his name. He was a Nominet member and had the power though with his own tag.

Its desirable to me as I had a fully functioning website around the site.

Its a co.uk domain so would ICANN apply here ?

I managed to get into contact with the house at his address. Hes agreed to transfer it to me.

Claims it automatically transferred to him over an unpaid invoice.

Anyway I have control over it now but the Name & Address is still set as his... how do I change it ?

If you've got control login to whatever control panel you have with your domain registrar and look for the option to update contact details on the domain.

Thanks, Ive done some digging. You cant change registrant names through your ISP it seems. It has to be done via Nominet.

Back
Top Bottom