web hosting + CMS services, recommended ones?

Associate
Good days all, looking around the webs for a good web hosting company that also has hosted CMS service, something like the company Squarespace. What I'm mainly looking for is a custom URL that also has email service, like what you typically get on a normal web host. The content I want to put up will mostly be photography and blogging.

So I put the question out to you all if there is one that you use/have used and worked well.

EDIT:
Having another look around, seems that Google have a service you can have customised email addresses linked to your domain

Last edited:
Permabanned
For CMS application I can suggest you Worpdress the best option or Drupal.

For Website Hosting you can surely go with companies I have my own websites with :

Webhost UK

Or

Webhosting UK

Both have good support easy way to install CMS applications like wordpress,Drupal Joomla. And the are pretty affordable as well.

Associate
OP
Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm looking for a managed site, I currently use WordPress but something that works out of the box and looks decent, as much as I like tinkering, installing my own CMS is a pain personally

Associate
Some hosts have options to automatically install wordpress and configure it so you don't have to deal with the backend. Just an option if you want to stick with WP.

Associate
You can add a domain to wordpress.com, but they charge a fee to do so(still probably cheaper than web hosting):
http://en.support.wordpress.com/add-a-domain/
http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/

Never used anything like them though so I can't comment on their service.

As for self-hosted I use HostGator (US company), never had an issue with them. They have Fantastico if you don't want to setup WP yourself (though it's very easy).

There are many others who use such software, but HG is the only 'big' one I've personally used. I'm guessing for your needs though wordpress.com would be your best bet, have a read through some comparisons though. (search something like "wordpress.org vs wordpress.com")

I did used to use gmail for some domains, it's much more visually appealing than the typical webmail software that comes with hosting. Virgin Media use it too for their broadband customers' @virginmedia.com emails.

Soldato
I have always used Vidahost.com, but recently opened an account with A Small Orange as they are cheap and I've heard great things, and they seem awesome!

Both of these have cPanel with Softaculous so one click Wordpress installs. Managed hosting is usually more expensive and honestly, setting up WordPress or other popular CMS's is SO easy, literally click a button.

If you need any help setting up CMS I'm always happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom