Web Page Creation Software - Recommendations

Associate
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a free program that I can use to create 5 or 6 html web pages without having to manually type the code in a text editor. Alternatively, if there is a free program that I can use to create a predefined set of pages that I can fully customise by drag and drop or customise without manual coding that would also be good.

Rgds
Bintos

Spunkey,

Do I understand you correctly that any software specifically for web page creation via drag & drop will create poor quality code?

Is word and wordpress free?

Rgds
Bintos

Dreamweaver does decent enough quality code these days, although if you literally just want to set up a 6 page site, you'd be far better off installing Wordpress and getting a theme for it.

What do you mean by "fully customise by drag and drop", you mean you want each page to have things you can drag around? Doesn't really work like that tbh.

I have a related question though, are you sure you want to be doing this yourself? A freelance web designer could do a far better job than you ever could with a WYSIWYG editor, and they're (we're) a lot cheaper than people think.

Muel,

Out of choice I would prefer to get a web developer but have been put off by the cost as I thought it would be expensive, however, if it is reasonable then I will look into it.

I want the 5 or 6 static pages creating so that I can pass them on to a PHP developer who will write the PHP code to interact with a MySQL database.

Out of interest, what sort of rate would I expect to pay a freelance web developer?

Rds
Bintos

Back
Top Bottom