Web site design costs

ntg

ntg

Associate
Hi, just looking to get an understanding on the costs of website design (not for me, just heard some prices recently which seemed too high).

So the website idea is very simple:

A corporate front page and 4 sections/tabs (about/news/contact/members). The members area will require login/pass and a number of files will be uploaded in there frequently that the members can download.

Obviously the administrator of the website should be able to add/remove members and upload/delete files.

That's it, that's all. Each of the sections, bar the members area, wouldn't be more than an A4 size and the content will of course be provided by the site owners, so there really isn't any fancy graphics, no flash, no videos, no online payment systems, no shopping carts or integrated messageboards.

I'm not interested in a quote nor am I soliciting one, just curious what would the cost range be, just ballpark figures.

Obviously hosting costs and url registration costs are separate, so ignore that for the time being.

Is this just for the development or design as well? You ask initially about the cost of "website design" but the majority of what you describe would be dev work.

Is this just for the development or design as well? You ask initially about the cost of "website design" but the majority of what you describe would be dev work.

Sorry, i'm unfamiliar with the kind of work required, I suppose I'm interested in the whole package, bar hosting.

No problem, just gives me a better understanding of what your requirements are.

To design and develop a site like that (if I were quoting), you'd be looking at £800-£1200 depending on how many amends were made in the design phase (obviously it's quite subjective).

No problem, just gives me a better understanding of what your requirements are.

To design and develop a site like that (if I were quoting), you'd be looking at £800-£1200 depending on how many amends were made in the design phase (obviously it's quite subjective).

Thanks,

does that range include setting up the site on the web server so that the site owner has a turn-key solution (i.e. only has to deal with adding/removing members and uploading content in the members area)? again hosting fees aside, I understand that's dependant on the requirements for traffic/speed etc, and it's outside the web designers/developers control.

I've done similar websites for others a few years back which was between £500 and £800 which was dependent on the size of the script and features.

For what you're asking I wouldn't expect anything to be much more than the £800 depending on what features you'll need as that's what takes the time.

Back
Top Bottom