Webcam Control

Associate
Hey all......

Just wondering if anyone has the ability to alter the exposure times for webcams...in particular the Logitech HD9000.

Am wanting to use this for some astro photography but it is limited to 1/5th sec exposure by the Logitech software, which is not that great for taking pictures of very dim stars.

Have contacted Logitech direct and they replied with the following....

Unfortunately, the product does not carry any software that allow you to achieve a 10 second exposure for your photos. I am afraid that only with a third party software you might be able to do that.
Unfortunately, we do not have any information about a possible software that might help.

Does anyone know of a way to 'hack' the driver so as to allow the increase or will this be hard wired into the circuitry of said webcam?

Cheers in advance

Soldato
A webcam doesnt have a shutter like a proper camera, so the "exposure" time is just going to be a 1/5th sec video clip combined into a still image.
It should be easy enough to find some software that will take a 10 second video and build it into a single image but I dont imagine it will give you the result you want.
Maybe try asking in the photography subforum?

Associate
OP
I was thinking that might be the case, unfortunately a combined image of 1/5th sec will not suffice.

Suppose I need a way of being able to capture the raw data from the sensor.

It has to be possible as you can buy guidecameras and also ccd based imaging cameras that can take images at exposure level in the minutes.

Back
Top Bottom