Webpage URL is not updating.

Soldato
Hi guys,

Hoping you can help. I have made a phpbb forum for some of the old gaming buddies which i am hosting on my own server. They have bought a domain and used a frame redirect(?) to link to my IP.

Everything is working fine although the URL isnt updating. It updates when you right click a thread and open in new tab. Anyone seen this before? For example, it would say forums.overclockers.co.uk/ on every thread/ link if it happened here.

Any tips would be awesome.

Thanks.

Soldato
It's the frame redirect that's the issue. A frame redirect will display their url in the address bar, whilst actually serving pages from your url in the page. Your url pages are being displayed in an HTML frame, their domain is left in the address bar. If you don't like this, they need to use a different way to configure their domain. The alternatives would be:

- For a simple way, they just use url forwarding, but then your url will be shown in the address bar not theirs.

- More complex, they change their domain nameservers to yours. You then make a DNS entry (A record change) to serve their pages from your server.

I hope that helps.

Rgds

Back
Top Bottom