Website CMS

Soldato
Do any of you use a CMS for a business website? I'm looking to put something simple together, with an interface like putting a few PowerPoint slides together.

A hosting solution that includes the facility would be ideal, but I wouldn't mind installing some software onto a separate hosted account if it was going to be a better solution.

I've looked at the free 14 day trial of Cloudsite at Namesco, but the templates are awful and there's not much control over content as far as I can see.

I'm prepared for links to Angelfire and GeoCities but hoping someone out there has used something decent lately and doesn't mind sharing.

Ta

Soldato
OP
I thought WordPress was just for blogs! I'll have a play with the free facility, and I assume I can install WordPress on a database like MySql? If so, that's fine I could handle that.

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Using a plug in called visual composer for WordPress can essential give you building blocks and drag and drop functionality to the inbuilt WordPress page editor so it will be more akin to PowerPoint for you.

WordPress was once just a blogging platform but it has now developed into a fully fledged cms. It does require some seo work though. But again several plug in are available.

Is there anything free that has the general functionality of Visual Composer or comes close?

Back
Top Bottom